We stayed here for 2 nights at Easter in 2012.
There are so many positives about this hotel:
- Location halfway between centre of town/ Sunnegga lift, and also within walking distance (15 mins) to Matternhorn Glacier Paradise
- The hotel driver picked us up from the train station on arrival with just 10 minutes notice - really helpful with our bags
- One morning we were a little late for breakfast, but they bought out food to order, and cooked an excellent fresh omlette
- Good size rooms, and comfortable beds, clean, probably modernised within the last 5 years, but hasn't lost any charm
- Very flexible in the small bar at reception - it was no trouble for them to get us a bottle of champagne to enjoy on our sunny balcony after a hard days skiing!
- All the staff are super friendly
Improvement areas? Really nothing serious what would stop me from reccommending this place! The only thing would be to get new shower curtains - we did create a small lake one morning...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Daniela may be small, but it has a lot to offer. Situated just 10 minutes away from the mountain lifts and the train station in a quiet location, the 24 cozy single, double and family rooms are all equipped with their own bathroom/WC, minibar, telephone, radio, WLAN, cable TV and safe. The bathrooms all have a hairdryer, free cosmetic articles and bathrobes, free of charge. The generous breakfast buffet will set you up for an exciting day and free coffee, tea and cakes can be taken in front of the fireplace in the lobby throughout the day. Dine Around in the Tradition Julen: Half-board guests can have the best of both worlds and have their evening meal either in the Romantik Hotel Julen, where a 5-course selection menu is served, or at the Hotel Alpenhof, where a 5-course selection menu is served. Those who prefer ,,A la Carte" can enjoy local specialties in the traditional Schaferstube restaurant or they can enjoy delicious dishes at the Restaurant Julen. Wellness Around Tradition Julen: Guests staying at Hotel Daniela have free entry to the Julen SPA in the Romantik Hotel Julen or the Alpenhof SPA in the Wellness Hotel Alpenhof. Every Wednesday during the high season the family run business offers you a free visit to their herd of black nose sheep. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ostrovok and Agoda so you can book your Hotel Daniela reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Daniela Hotel Zermatt