We stayed at this hotel for a self-planned skiing holiday in this beautiful town. Some points to sum up our experience here:
- The staff was very friendly and helpful
- One can see that thought and time has been put in the choice of materials and the workmanship of the rooms and the entire hotel - quality is very high
- Clean, new, tasteful and well equipped rooms. Could have a small refrigerator though. No need for minibar in our opinion, but would be good with a fridge to keep foods/beverages you might bring to the slopes in your backpack.
- No restaurant on the hotel, but just a stone's throw away, plus the short distance to the center
- Several rooms have a proper Matterhorn view, ours had. Nice balcony and very nice view in the morning.
- Great gym in the basement, new and well equipped (too bad we were too shot after the skiing)
- The distance to town and also the Sunnegga tunnel is peanuts, cannot understand that some people fit enough to ski/snowboard would complain, just about 3-400 meters to the middle of town (incl. the train station) and perhaps 200m to the Sunnegga tunnel. The ski bus every 5-10mins stops about 100m from the hotel, and this is free.
- Breakfeast is fresh and OK, should cover most people's requirements, not the full warm buffet you find at big hotels, but we found it fully sufficient.
- The ski room had boot warmers, which is good, but the (probably) water-borne heating covered the our entire room, including the bath room. This makes it hard to dry gloves and other wet clothes on the floor. Heating in the room was OK apart from that, but would be best with a controller for the guest to set. Suggest also a towel dryer on the bathroom for wet gloves/clothes. And in our opinion, the bedroom and bathroom requires different temperatures.
Bottom line - very nice hotel with a good location and reasonable price. Doesn't have a pool or spa, but do you need this for a skiing holiday? No restaurant, but better with some variation than dining in the same place for one week...
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com and Expedia so you can book your Hotel Phoenix reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.