Stayed at the Acquarello as part of a tour group. Our room was basic, but clean. As mentioned in other reviews, the hotel is built around a funicular, though it didn't particularly bother me as I sleep with earplugs anyway. It was directly below our room (which overlooked the central patio area) and I just noticed a low rumbling sound. No air conditioning, just a fan which is OK but it was in the upper 80s and it did get rather hot. The included breakfast was pretty basic, but filling. Lugano itself is a beautiful area and there are plenty of places to walk right out of the hotel with great views.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Benvenuti all'Acquarello Il nostro albergo e situato nel centro citta, sulla zona pedonale, a pochi passi dal Lago di Lugano, nelle vicinanze del Palazzo dei Congressi, del Casino di Lugano, del Padiglione Conza (centro esposizioni) e della stazione FFS. Il nostro albergo a conduzione familiare e la sosta di chi certa un alloggio economico ed elegante. Hotel Acquarello (Ex Cristallo) e stato recentemente rinnovato ed ora puo offrire ai suoi clienti, nel quadro della rinomata ospitalita svizzera, tutto il confort che si meritano. Tutte le aree pubbliche e le camere sono NON FUMATORI e gli animali non sono ammessi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Albergo Acquarello reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Albergo Acquarello Lugano
- Albergo Acquarello Hotel Lugano