“Great stay, friendly hotel”

Continental Parkhotel
Ranked #7 of 45 Hotels in Lugano
Reviewed 10 April 2012

Stayed here over the Easter weekend and despite a last minute booking we received a complimentary upgrade and a room with a view of the lake. Great value, very friendly and helpful staff. Awesome breakfast. See my room tip - quite important at this hotel.

Room Tip: Whatever you do make sure you do not stay in the Annex (next to the railway tracks). Make sure you r...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Travelitch78
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Continental Parkhotel

Reviewed 9 April 2012

Everything was top notch except beds and thin walls. Doublebed turned out to be two beds joined (pushed) together. Moreover, they were so light that a smallest force could move them. Leaning my back against the wall to read was impossible. Trainstation across the street was not a problem. With window closed we heard nothing. Pool area is very tidy and peaceful. We had a very nice view from our balkony on the lake.
I took my time while choosing hotel at Lugano and I can honestly say this one was the best choice considering rates in the city.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank pilotnik
Reviewed 3 April 2012

My wife and I stayed for five nights in the hotel and enjoyed every moment there. Warm welcome: happy to receive, the room upgrade at no price increase. The room - type superior - very comfortable, elegant, well-good equipped. A grand old hotel with a beautiful view and fantastic garden. Our room (24) - the room, the view towards the garden - the room silent, we had a good night's sleep. Very nice people making you feeling at home! Rooms are confortable and very clean. Staff is very friendly and professional, so thus from everything inform to us. Every morning by breakfast at tables wait a one page sheet. The hotel inform to every guest from weather forecast and offer a daily program. Breakfast supply very abundant, croissant was fresh, maybe locally baked. The Breakfast Buffett was the best we have seen in Europe. I can recommend it the menu dinner and the local Ticino wines, for example: Semillon wine.Beautiful panoramic view from Restaurant to Lake, City and the mountains.

The city centre is easily accessible by foot (10 mins) or by funicular, starting at Railway station 1st track. The Railway station by foot about 2-3 mins. The local bus station also 2-3 mins. The ship harbour and Lake Lugano lakeside by foot 10-15 mins.

somebody would make photos and videos from Swiss trains.

We already recommended Continental Parkhotel to our friends and for everybody on the world.

We come back in this hotel :-)

Room Tip: I recommend the hotel to Railway fanatic. From Annex building balcony optimal area when somebody wo...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Zoinka
Reviewed 20 February 2012

My wife and I stayed here for a week. For a city with mostly overpriced 3 to 4 star hotels this place is a good find. We got upgraded on arrival, breakfast was great, free parking, free wifi, rooms are awesome, location is good, views are great..... What else can I say. Definitely will go back!

• Stayed: February 2012
3  Thank Raymart
Reviewed 20 February 2012

My ideal location, just next to the train station. 15mints walk to the downtown. The room i stayed has been recently renovated, I like the colour, It make me feel comfortable. Want to thanks Nicola, a lovely young lady working at Front Desk. She is so friendly and helpful !

Room Tip: The new renovated room in the main building.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo