All reviewsmain buildingtrain noisecontinental park hotelrailway linelevel crossingprestige roombeautiful palm treesown winenear the train stationswimming pooltop floorlight sleeperlake luganonice hotelview of the lakesteep walkthird floor
Reviewed 3 April 2012

My wife and I stayed for five nights in the hotel and enjoyed every moment there. Warm welcome: happy to receive, the room upgrade at no price increase. The room - type superior - very comfortable, elegant, well-good equipped. A grand old hotel with a beautiful view and fantastic garden. Our room (24) - the room, the view towards the garden - the room silent, we had a good night's sleep. Very nice people making you feeling at home! Rooms are confortable and very clean. Staff is very friendly and professional, so thus from everything inform to us. Every morning by breakfast at tables wait a one page sheet. The hotel inform to every guest from weather forecast and offer a daily program. Breakfast supply very abundant, croissant was fresh, maybe locally baked. The Breakfast Buffett was the best we have seen in Europe. I can recommend it the menu dinner and the local Ticino wines, for example: Semillon wine.Beautiful panoramic view from Restaurant to Lake, City and the mountains.

The city centre is easily accessible by foot (10 mins) or by funicular, starting at Railway station 1st track. The Railway station by foot about 2-3 mins. The local bus station also 2-3 mins. The ship harbour and Lake Lugano lakeside by foot 10-15 mins.

somebody would make photos and videos from Swiss trains.

We already recommended Continental Parkhotel to our friends and for everybody on the world.

We come back in this hotel :-)

Room Tip: I recommend the hotel to Railway fanatic. From Annex building balcony optimal area when somebody would make photos and videos from Swiss trains. Main bulding east side rooms, the view towards the lake. Main bulding west side rooms, the view towards the garden.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Zoinka
Reviewed 20 February 2012

My wife and I stayed here for a week. For a city with mostly overpriced 3 to 4 star hotels this place is a good find. We got upgraded on arrival, breakfast was great, free parking, free wifi, rooms are awesome, location is good, views are great..... What else can I say. Definitely will go back!

• Stayed: February 2012
3  Thank Raymart
Reviewed 20 February 2012

My ideal location, just next to the train station. 15mints walk to the downtown. The room i stayed has been recently renovated, I like the colour, It make me feel comfortable. Want to thanks Nicola, a lovely young lady working at Front Desk. She is so friendly and helpful !

Room Tip: The new renovated room in the main building.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Carol_Ren
Reviewed 15 December 2011

Service in Europe tends to be poor, though I am pleased to say Switzerland is generally an exception. THIS hotel is especially so. It’s one of my favourite experiences in a European hotel.

We arrived very early but were immediately shown to a top floor room, with beautiful views of the lake from our little terrace. The linen was clean and fresh, and the room immaculate as is so often the case in Switzerland. The staff were friendly and accommodating, and had a wonderful, restful time. Great way to start a trip and recover from a long international flight.

I totally recommend it. The room was 260 francs, which I think is quite expensive, but I'd rather pay 260 for something decent than less for something awful (which is what happened at many hotels afterwards on our European trip)

Room Tip: Try get a top floor room NOT in the annex. The view of the lake is great, and all the main hotel rooms have been recently (and well) renovated.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank Alexander T
Reviewed 28 November 2011

We stayed in the main part of the hotel. We arrived early and were allowed to check in, which was wonderful. The size of the room was good, especially by European standards. The room was spotless and repleat with clever Swiss conveniences. Our room had been beautifully renovated and the decor was up-to-date and tasteful. The elevators were new and well maintained. There was a lovely view of the city and lake below. The hotel is 5 minutes walk from the station. The room was well insulated and we slept soundly on the crisp clean linen. The staff were very courteous and helpful without being effusive. The meals were simple and fresh. Breakfast was a little unimaginative and as is often the case in Europe it was carbohydrate heavy, with few protein options. We noticed that the hotel has a stunning swimming pool and garden, though we were unable to use the pool as we stayed in the Winter. I cannot vouch for the Annexe as we didn't stay there.

• Stayed: November 2011