All reviewslugano paradisominute walk to the lakemonte san salvatorebreakfast buffetnice hotelstandard roomnice poolcomfortable bedsexcellent stayswimming poolnight stayview of the lakecity centretrain stationaccorswitzerlandmotorway
Reviewed 2 November 2017 via mobile

The receptionists and restaurant staff are very friendly and professional. However the management must be changed. I have stayed there numerous times in anticipation of some sort of change, but have been very disappointed. They never honor Accor Fidelity members benefits and push the guests out the door even before noon. Never a late check out, never an upgrade. Not even for a Platinum member while the hotel is noticibly empty. A housekeeper entered my room on the day of check out without knocking while I was in the shower at 11:30 AM even with the DO NOT DISTURB on the door. I will not stay there any more. There are much better hotels in Lugano for the price.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank Rick A
Christian S, General Manager at Novotel Lugano Paradiso, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2017

Dear Rick A.,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Tripadvisor.

We sincerely regret that you don’t recognize our efforts to do the best for our regular guests and for guest with Le Club card.
With pleasure we can offer free upgrades and late check-out but only when we have availability. Yesterday it was not possible as we were fully booked with a congress. Nevertheless we have assigned you for this stay a very nice room on the top floor of our hotel and the same was for your last stay in June.
We try to satisfy the expectations of all our guests and specialy for thoose with a fidelity card.
We thank you for the understanding and remain with our best regards.

Reviewed 30 October 2017

We had 2 of our grandchildren with us (5 & 11) and found the Hotel to be very child friendly, and even the standard room was just about OK with 2 kids. A bit cool for the pool in October, but the dinner was fine and the breakfasts very good, with a lot of choice. The Müsli left a little to be desired and making your own is obviously the better way to go at the moment. The garage fees I found very expensive especially as the spaces are not easy to access, but you have no choice if you have a car, as there is absolutely no street parking. One of the better Novotel's IMHO in spite of my comments - and very recommendable to people travelling with children.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 October 2017

The entire stay at the hotel was as expected. most of the services provided were as contracted. The rooms were clean and Breakfast Buffet was great.

However on the checkout an unusual situation occurred by the Reception Manager:

It is customary in Switzerland for Hotel Guests to store their luggage in the hotel after checkout till the end of day. This enable guests to spend the last day touring around without worrying or towing their luggage around. This practice is performed by 3,4 as well as 5 stars hotels in Switzerland. it is rather a known "Customary rule".

However on Checkout, the Reception Manager refused to carry out this rule and insisted I collect my luggage before 12:00 O'Clock . this made me shift my plans to leave Lugano earlier and hence completely scrambled my schedule for the last day as well as made me lose my train seats reservation at 15:43.

The excuse was they had : A batch of 50+ Guests showing up this afternoon and they will fill their storage room.

Add to this is when I emailed my feed-back, I got the answer "this happens from time to time" from the General Manager !

I was expecting the receptionists and Management of the 4 stars hotel to be more Customer-Oriented as to understand their customer's requirements and act upon them. And to be flexible enough to come up with solutions for their paying-customers. not to expect the customer to be flexible and adapt to their situations.

I was Also expecting them to respect the known rules of the hospitality business in Switzerland.

if you intend to visit this hotel, make sure this doesn't happen to you and your family.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
1  Thank am2017906
Christian S, General Manager at Novotel Lugano Paradiso, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2017

Dear Mr. am2017906,
glad to read that your stay in our hotel was as expected and we meet you expectations.
As already answer and apologies to you separately by email; "yes" it can effectively happen that storage capacities for Luggage’s in our hotel are full and unable us to take more luggage’s in a secured way.
After checking your concern with our reception team and manager, no one obliged you to check out before 12am even if the check-out time is so.
When guest’s ask us to stay longer advising us in time and we have possibilities to do so we generally accept one or two hours otherwise you have also the possibility to book in advance a late check-out before arrival.
As you travel by train there is the possibility to stock as usual most of frequent travelers do, the luggage’s in the main railway station of Lugano in order to stay longer in town in addition you received our Ticino Ticket that allowed you to move for free in all the city so that we are surprised that you have had to change your planning if so please apologies once again.

Reviewed 29 September 2017

The best summer Novotel hotel from my experience. The swimming pool and area around are just perfect.

Breakfast was also at the highest standards.

At the same time, we were disappointed with the fact, that reception refused to keep our baggage for a couple of hours in the storage room after check-out, which is a very normal practice in all hotels. Ladies from the desk referred to overbooking and lack of space in the storage room.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Emin S
Christian S, General Manager at Novotel Lugano Paradiso, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2017

Gentile Emin S. Buongiorno,

thank you for this very nice review and for the great compliment!. We are glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Unfortunately it’s through sometimes Luggage’s mostly in high season, with more than 500 guest on site effetely it can happen that all our possibilities are in use and we are no more able to take more suite cases from our guest’s, please apologies that is happened to you.

We hope to welcome you back for one of your next trip to Lugano and send you our

Best regards
Christian S. & Staff

Reviewed 12 September 2017

We only stayed for one night and did not eat in the hotel. The staff on the reception desk were very helpful. Breakfast was good and the staff attentive. I prefer to be given a pot of coffee rather than to have to chase up a second cup.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
1  Thank mjwigmore
Christian S, General Manager at Novotel Lugano Paradiso, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2017

Dear mjwigmore,

Thank you for taking the time to leave this review. We are delighted to read that you appreciated the attentive and helpful staff, and the breakfastbuffet.

Concerning the morning coffee if your preference is a pot of coffee you just have to order it and we will served it with great pleasure.

We would be glad to welcome you back to Lugano and to our hotel, thank you for choosing Novotel.
Kind regards