“Magnificent. ”
Review of Suvretta Stube

Suvretta Stube
Ranked #23 of 113 Restaurants in St. Moritz
Reviewed 20 January 2018 via mobile

Our last night in St Moritz was divine. We made reservations online for 7:30pm. We were warmly welcomed by Kurt Walter. We were seated and as we looked over the menu, Kurt came out with a surprise dessert. My husband had let them know we were celebrating our 38th anniversary early. They also treated us to champagne. What a way to begin the meal. Then we enjoyed a Welcome starter, duck with smashed spices. Delicious. Then Kurt offered my husband and me the meat from the cheek of the duck, a delicacy. My husband and I had the trout which was the catch of the day. One friend had sole and the other friend had veal carpaccio with truffles. We enjoyed the vegetables as well as a hashed potato. We enjoyed a lovely red wine with dinner. The fish was de-boned by Kurt and served to us. Elizabeth divided the dessert of white chocolate mousse for all of us. Even the greeting (happy birthday) the sentiment was there, was edible. The whole dinner for 4 was about $400 US, very reasonable. Highly recommend.

Reviewed 13 January 2018

Wide range of delicious food to choose from with good service of the staff.freshly done with the friendly smiles of the staff

Reviewed 2 October 2017

That would be the Grand Restaurant, which is out of my price range like Badrutt's Palace. The Stube is affordable, barely and quite easy to splurge. I had a martini which the swiss aren't very good at. It was 25 Euro and tiny. So we got a bottle of wine I think it was 70 Euro. I had a ribeye steak. While it was prepared correctly I didn't enjoy the look of the cut and it was thin. Americans should not order steaks in Europe, we are too spoiled. I expect a steak at least an inch thick, ideally on the bone, and grilled/broiled. I didn't get that. It was nevertheless very delicious and the staff doted on us. For dessert my wife had warm-chocolate filled somethings that she loved. Literally froze a smile on her face. The setting of the Stube is warm and friendly. The hotel is imposing with exotics parked out front and absolutely beautiful grounds. The meal for 2 was 266 Euro.

Reviewed 2 September 2017

Great for breakfast, lunch or dinner, the Stube has been brilliantly conducted by Mr. Walter for as long as I can remember. Great food, service and view. Lunch on the terrace is great, whether in summer or winter.

Reviewed 8 August 2017

Like everything at Suvretta House the Stube is excellent. Great food and wines. Great meats and pasta and salads! A great fondue if its cold and you are in the mood. Great for family and friends. Impeccable service!