See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 12 December 2016

The room is like a small wooden cabin but very functional with the view of the alps from the wooden windows. I recommend to go for one with private shower and toilet. Although very small and space is limited it is a nice experience to sleep surrounded with the alps. It is close to St Moritz where you may park in Via Maistra close to the leaning tower of st moritz

I didn t like the fact that the hotel debited my card before I arrived. My card is in Euro and the payment was charged in CHF. I wanted to pay cash in CHF to avoid heavy tariffed exchange rate. The hotel should only be allowed to charge room rate if you do not show up at the end of the stay, giving client the option to decide how to pay.

Parking of hotel is limited and is also used by the ski school clients. We were lucky to find a parking when we arrived in the afternoon, since one of the skiers was going away.

Breakfast although it has toast does not include at least chesse and/or ham but only jams and sweets. However the yogurt was extra good.

When we went down to book for dinner at 5.30 the restaurant staff was not there. When we tried to book again at 7.30 pm they told us it was fully booked and did not even try to fit us in even though we were residents of the hotel. It seems the hotel and the restaurant are run by separate managment. We then ate an excellent meal at Hotel Chesa Rosatsch in centre .

Room Tip: with alps view
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 September 2016 via mobile

I stayed here many times and it has been always nice.
Rooms are comfortable but the complete wood produces too much noise according to my opinion.
Beds are fantastic.
The cooking is good and also the staff is kind and warm!

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 August 2016

I went to Celerina for a reunion as I lived there ages ago. The accommodation was booked by my sister and seriously, I was not happy about it. I understand that hotels in this region are expensive but paying more would not have bothered me. As I understand, we still paid enough for Chesa Speciale so I was disappointed and obviously, happy to leave after one night.

First of all, the room is very basic with bunk beds. That may be ok for children but I am an adult. First of all I do not like to share a room with someone unless it is my wife, secondly I need some comfort. I find climbing on the top bunk not comfortable.

The bathroom was a shared one on the floor and I found it a bit scary and I really had to focus in order not to think who stepped into the shower before me. It is just one of these things. We did not have breakfast so I can not comment on that.

On arrival, the guy who welcomed us was one of these mountain cool guys, a little bit too relaxed in my opinion and the smell of booze (he was entertaining) was not appreciated by my sister either.

When coming back, the door was closed even though they said it would be opened. So I returned to where the reunion took place and got my sister for some help. You can call a number but no one answered the call. When back with my sister, she managed to reach someone and luckily she spoke Italian as no German, French or English. The guy came out and was a bit rude as the door was not closed, it just needs a serious push.....a violent one which obviously we did not know and try in order not to wake up the other people. I did not like being stuck outside for 2 hours at -15 degrees.

Anyway, I normally see things positive but this place gave me the creeps.

Room Tip: Push the front door very hard. It is open....and if you can, go somewhere else, it is worth it.
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 July 2016 via mobile

Ok the good things first, really friendly and helpful staff.
Clean room, nice breakfast and close to the station.

But so cold at the toilets, just one power socket in the room, the beds were not good at all, when you were sleeping in the upper bunk bed it felt like you were gonna fall down to the one below.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 June 2016 via mobile

We were their first guests for the season. Pietro, who runs the place, was very hospitable and knowledgeable. He went out of his way to drive us to St Moritz for dinner and recommend restaurants there. Next morning he was just a phone call away when we needed to catch the 5am train in the dark and rainy weather. Would definitely stay here again and try their skiing school as well.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple