“Cosy restaurant with a vegan dish :)”

Restaurant Berghaus
Ranked #10 of 33 Restaurants in Wengen
Reviewed 27 June 2016 via mobile

My partner and I decide to have dinner here as it offered 2 vegetarian dishes. I was very happy that they were able to cater for vegan as well! I had a vegan strudel with vegetables that was delicious. The service was friendly. Atmosphere was warm and cosy. Prices are more on the high end.
I hope they will offer more vegan options in the future.

Reviewed 24 March 2016

The views were outstanding and even though it was self service and I required gluten free the chef was very helpful and we had an enjoyable meal

Reviewed 22 February 2016

We stayed at the hotel and had half board so we enjoyed three delicious dinners at the Restaurant Berghaus. The service was attentive and friendly and the food fresh, and local. One evening we had a local white fish as an appetizer which was beautifully presented and very tasty. You won't be disappointed.

Reviewed 22 September 2015

Wife had Northern Char with wild (local mushroom) risotto. I had risotto with local mushrooms in a butter and white wine sauce. The flavor of the mushrooms was so unique. It was amazing. They were harvested in the woods nearby. Best restaurant in Wengen easily.

Reviewed 19 September 2015

We had a very enjoyable dinner in the restaurant at the Hotel / Restaurant Berghaus. The place was small, mostly for the guests of the hotel, which made the evening more intimate. The service was very friendly. It almost felt you were part of the family which was relaxing and fun. They have a good menu - lots of fish dishes (none of which was selected which I sort of regret). We were there in the Fall so they had a special "game" menu including a very delicious pumpkin soup. It was so good, we were hoping to stop by another evening for it again but, unfortunately, that evening they were completely booked - oh well, I guess a reason to return to Wengen and the Restaurant Berghaus.