All reviews buffet style train station lauterbrunnen valley dining room south facing room reception desk old world charm swiss charm charming hotel cable car breakfast and dinner our room was spacious bunk beds each evening jungfrau view family room traditional hotel
Reviewed 10 January 2016 via mobile

I would feel mean giving it 'Average', but feel a trifle generous giving it 'Very Good'. And I would come again.

It's really attractive from the outside, and on entering, one is not disappointed. The lounge is part-panelled, and the decor and furniture are tasteful. Reception is multi-lingual, friendly and helpful. It is light, bright and clean. Our room had a fantastic view, and was worth the extra cost.

A double bed is 2 singles pushed together, with 2 single duvets on it/them. It does not really work.

No hot water one morning, but quickly put right by the staff.

The restaurant. Plenty of food. Usually hot. Usually well cooked. Vegetables often over cooked in my opinion. Goulash would have been better served a day later. Its a buffet, which keeps the overall price down and gives it more of an edge in the Holiday Package market. The food is therefore rather tired when served. Good for breakfast, but not ideal for dinner. Bravo chef - he manages well.

We holidayed here in the snow with daughter, son-in-law and 3 grandchildren, and it was a fabulous time. Well done Belvedere, but not quite what I'm used to.

Stayed: January 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Barrie L
WengenHotels, Manager at Hotel Belvedere, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2016

Dear guest,

thank you very much for your feedback on your recent stay at the hotel Belvédère. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your holidays with your family and especially the décor of the rooms, the view and our staff. We are happy to pass on your compliments to the entire team.

We are very sorry to learn that we could not quite meet your expectations regarding the food at dinner. Our halfboard meal is based on a 4-course buffet style dinner and we pay a lot of attention to provide hot and cold plates with various meals each day.

Nevertheless we are very happy that you enjoyed your stay in general.

Sunny greeting from Wengen.

Management hotel Belvédère

Reviewed 7 January 2016 via mobile

We have just returned from staying at the Belvedere over New Year. We have been staying at this hotel for many years now and it never fails to deliver. The staff are all friendly and helpful, with nothing too much trouble. Rooms are very comfortable and views spectacular. Breakfast is hearty with many choices and the buffet dinners also offer a good choice of main course with soup, salad bar, dessert and cheese to add! The public rooms are large and spacious which gives the hotel a great feel. We are returning in February to this fabulous hotel. Well done to the staff of the Belvedere!

Stayed: December 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank Mark E

Dear guest,

thank you very much for you excellent feedback and your most charming words about our staff, the room with the view and food. It is a pleasure for us to welcome you back every year and we are already looking forward to see you again in February.

Kindest regards out of the snow here in Wengen.

Management and team hotel Belvédère

Reviewed 31 December 2015 via mobile

All of the staff in this hotel made our stay an absolutely amazing, enjoyable experience. We were welcomed from the moment we arrived to the moment we left. The hotel may not benefit from having all the modern conveniences but this did not change how much we enjoyed our stay.
The half board was good, breakfast was fantastic, a really good selection to set us up for the day skiing. Dinner was buffet style and there was only one evening in the week that we were a little disappointed, but considering this was the first week of the season and a newer team working together it was very impressive. We will definitely return and would not stay anywhere else:)

Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sharon S

Dear guest,

thank you so much for your outstanding feedback written with such detail and charming words.
We are delighted to hear that you had such a wonderful time with us and fully enjoyed your ski holidays. We are happy to pass your compliments about the staff to the entire Belvédère team.

We are looking forward to welcome you back soon.

Warm regards from Wengen.

Management and team hotel Belvédère

Reviewed 30 December 2015

We enjoyed our short stay at the Belvedere Hotel this December. The outside of the hotel is beautiful and charming. Our room was good, just the bedding and the curtains are in need of updating. There is nice music in the evenings, and very cosy with a fire place.
The breakfast was no wow factor, however adequate. Like another review stated, options of fresh fruit would be nice.

One complaint, was I made a small request to the man at the front desk. He didn't seem like he could be bothered to go out of his way to help me even though I just asked for some plastic cups to use instead of a contact lens case that I forgot to bring.

Overall, the hotel is a good choice if you are looking for a hotel with Swiss charm. The hotel seems like it is far away from the ski lift however, the walk wasn't as painful as I believed it to be. Only small things to complain about. However, there wasn't anything that made me think wow I must return to this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled with family
3  Thank Miranda E

Dear guest,

thank you very much for your feedback on your recent stay at the hotel Belvédère. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed the charm and cosiness of our hotel.
I am very sorry to learn that our man at the front desk did not serve you well. He is usually very friendly and obliging. We will definitely discuss the matter with him.

Many thanks for your visit and kindest regards from Wengen

Management hotel Belvédère

Reviewed 29 December 2015

My family and I planned our Christmas vacation in Wengen and Luzern carefully, and I am happy to say that Hotel Belvedere and its staff were major factors in its success. The staff were very friendly and the accommodations were superb. I had requested a room with a South view, as well as extra beds for my 2 children, and so I was rewarded with a wonderful room with a balcony and a double-decker bed for the kids. The view was simply stunning. The fact that the hotel is close to the edge of the town contributed to the wonderful view. I did not personally meet the chamber lady, but it was obvious that she took very good care of our room. She even tucked my kids' stuffed toys cutely with the pillows, and so my kids were so amazed to see their favourite bears and bunnies snugly pressed between the pillows when we arrived after a full day of skiing.

Finally, I booked 5 months in advance, and the staff handling the reservations (Cornelia in particular) were very responsive to all my requests and communications.

Room Tip: Get a room with the south view and a balcony. Get extra pillows, because they can be a bit too soft.
  • Stayed: December 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Joel S

Dear guest,

thank you very much for your outstanding feedback and your stay during Christmas with us.

We truly appreciate your compliments about our rooms, service and staff. It is great to hear that your kids were so amazed. You may rest assured that we will share your outstanding feedback with the entire team.

It would be a pleasure to welcome you again in the not too distant future.

Warm regards from Wengen.
Management and the Belvédère team