All reviews a rick steves tour older hotel free wifi uphill walk cows grazing grain of salt cable car enjoy the beauty common areas reception desk the hotel staff summer hiking mountain view sports centre swiss alps three nights cow bells
Reviewed 9 May 2018

I stayed at this three star for three nights recently. It is well located, the rooms are comfortable and quiet (I’d chosen one with the full view of the glorious mountains), the breakfast buffet extensive, but most importantly, the service attitude of young Marc, the assistant manager, was exemplary. Also, he is happy to transport you to and from the tiny rail station (though it is not very far), a service other three star properties usually lack.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank zimmchiro
Reviewed 31 January 2018

Last May (2017) I spent a wonderful 3 nights here with a Rick Steves tour and can’t wait to return. Arriving from Lauterbrunnen by cable car (tram) gondola, there is a little bit of an uphill walk through part of the town to the hotel. Ideally, you should not have more than a small rolling suitcase and backpack as the walk could be tiring if you’re traveling with more stuff.

It’s a quaint, older hotel, so don’t expect any fancy schmancy accommodations. However, I found it (and my room) clean, comfortable and cozy. The owner (Martin), his wife and staff were very friendly and accommodating. Breakfast was plentiful, the dining area is large with lots of seating, the bar is great, and the view is breathtaking with the Eiger, Monch and Jungfrau mountains greeting you every time you walk out the front door.

Speaking of walking: lots of trails for hiking, pleasant meander through town discovering shops, restaurants and more hotels. If you feel adventurous, take the tram up to the Schilthorn to do the Thrill Walk around the side of the mountain 10,000 ft up!

Wifi is free in the lobby but for an extra fee (a very small fee), you can access wifi in your room.

I could go on about this lovely village but trust that staying here (for me) was a wonderful experience. Take some of the negative reviews with a grain of salt. I prefer to be flexible and not sweat the small stuff.

Room Tip: Front of hotel - view of the Eiger, Monch and Jungfrau mountains; back side of hotel, valley view. Rooms on higher floors - balcony.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 December 2017 via mobile

I spent 3 days in the Jungfrau region, and thoroughly enjoyed my time in Hotel Jungfrau - ask for the Mountain View rooms and Jungfrau, Eiger and Mönch are right before your eyes from your room. I wanted to just stay in and watch the view!

Mark is very friendly and helpful, and made the stay very pleasant.

Murren is the best place to stay in the region, although you have to travel to and fro on a different tram route, it’s quiet and the mountain views are stunning. Later on when I paid to go up Jungfrau, the fog was so thick I couldn’t see anything at all, but I was not that disappointed since I enjoyed the view throughout my stay except on the one day when the weather was bad. Excellent location and hotel!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Mango21
Reviewed 29 October 2017

views of the mountains were exceptional. the hotel was very clean and modern on the inside. the lobby was quite large and comfortable, full of sofas! service was excellent. the location cannot be beat as a jumping off point (literally and figuratively!) for the entire region and all of it has to offer.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 October 2017

This was a nice hotel in a beautiful town. We stayed here for 3 nights in September. Our room was in the rear side, looking out onto the mountains behind. We slept with the windows wide open. In the morning, the “alarm clock” was the sound of the cocks wandering out into the field and the bells on their necks gently clanging. I guess for some people that might be disturbing, but the sound is really kind of soft and muted so it didn’t bother us at all, we loved it. The town is not large, so walking anywhere or accessing trains or gondola’s from the hotel was an easy walk. The hotel has a large seating area in side and several outside tables to sit and relax in the afternoon or evening. There is also a small hotel bar. The town of Murren is beautiful with several excellent restaurants. There are a few with outside tables/terraces which are great for dining outside when the weather permits or for an afternoon relaxing with a cold beer or ice cream and people watching. We really liked this hotel and loved the town of Murren.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends