All reviews a rick steves tour older hotel free wifi uphill walk cows grazing grain of salt cable car enjoy the beauty common areas reception desk the hotel staff summer hiking mountain view sports centre swiss alps three nights cow bells
Reviewed 31 January 2018

Last May (2017) I spent a wonderful 3 nights here with a Rick Steves tour and can’t wait to return. Arriving from Lauterbrunnen by cable car (tram) gondola, there is a little bit of an uphill walk through part of the town to the hotel. Ideally, you should not have more than a small rolling suitcase and backpack as the walk could be tiring if you’re traveling with more stuff.

It’s a quaint, older hotel, so don’t expect any fancy schmancy accommodations. However, I found it (and my room) clean, comfortable and cozy. The owner (Martin), his wife and staff were very friendly and accommodating. Breakfast was plentiful, the dining area is large with lots of seating, the bar is great, and the view is breathtaking with the Eiger, Monch and Jungfrau mountains greeting you every time you walk out the front door.

Speaking of walking: lots of trails for hiking, pleasant meander through town discovering shops, restaurants and more hotels. If you feel adventurous, take the tram up to the Schilthorn to do the Thrill Walk around the side of the mountain 10,000 ft up!

Wifi is free in the lobby but for an extra fee (a very small fee), you can access wifi in your room.

I could go on about this lovely village but trust that staying here (for me) was a wonderful experience. Take some of the negative reviews with a grain of salt. I prefer to be flexible and not sweat the small stuff.

Room Tip: Front of hotel - view of the Eiger, Monch and Jungfrau mountains; back side of hotel, valley view. Rooms on higher floors - balcony.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 December 2017 via mobile

I spent 3 days in the Jungfrau region, and thoroughly enjoyed my time in Hotel Jungfrau - ask for the Mountain View rooms and Jungfrau, Eiger and Mönch are right before your eyes from your room. I wanted to just stay in and watch the view!

Mark is very friendly and helpful, and made the stay very pleasant.

Murren is the best place to stay in the region, although you have to travel to and fro on a different tram route, it’s quiet and the mountain views are stunning. Later on when I paid to go up Jungfrau, the fog was so thick I couldn’t see anything at all, but I was not that disappointed since I enjoyed the view throughout my stay except on the one day when the weather was bad. Excellent location and hotel!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Mango21
Reviewed 29 October 2017

views of the mountains were exceptional. the hotel was very clean and modern on the inside. the lobby was quite large and comfortable, full of sofas! service was excellent. the location cannot be beat as a jumping off point (literally and figuratively!) for the entire region and all of it has to offer.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 October 2017

This was a nice hotel in a beautiful town. We stayed here for 3 nights in September. Our room was in the rear side, looking out onto the mountains behind. We slept with the windows wide open. In the morning, the “alarm clock” was the sound of the cocks wandering out into the field and the bells on their necks gently clanging. I guess for some people that might be disturbing, but the sound is really kind of soft and muted so it didn’t bother us at all, we loved it. The town is not large, so walking anywhere or accessing trains or gondola’s from the hotel was an easy walk. The hotel has a large seating area in side and several outside tables to sit and relax in the afternoon or evening. There is also a small hotel bar. The town of Murren is beautiful with several excellent restaurants. There are a few with outside tables/terraces which are great for dining outside when the weather permits or for an afternoon relaxing with a cold beer or ice cream and people watching. We really liked this hotel and loved the town of Murren.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Irish_in_NY
Reviewed 18 September 2017

Hotel JungFrau exceeded all my expectations both with regards to service & location.

The ride in the Cable Car from Lauterbrunnen to Grutschalp is fun & adventurous. To top it, you can easily spot JungFrauJoch on your left.

Then there is a quaint train ride of 15mins to reach Murren.

Hotel JungFrau is a slight uphill walk(500mtrs) from the Murren Station. If you are carrying luggage, do inform the Hotel to pick you up at the station.

On reaching the Hotel, it exceeded our expectations even though we werent lucky enough to get a room facing JungFrau.

The Hotel is perched right between the Murren Village on one side & the AllmendHubel. The rooms facing the murren village have a view of the JungFrau whereas the other rooms have a pleasing view of the green rolling meadows of AllmendHubel.

The hotel is a remodelled Swiss cottage, comfortable in every way. I loved our cute little room which had a spacious bathroom with a tub.

The room was comfortable and luxurious.

Breakfast was delicious & had good variety. Fruits(Apple/kiwi) are kept on the reception desk all day long for anyone to grab on the way out.

The in-house restaurant closes at 8.30pm. We had our dinner here once and the food was good.

WiFi though is available only in the common areas.

The Hotel staff are incredibly nice & helpful. Right from the reception to the restaurant, they are always full of smiles & ready to help.

Thank you all, you indeed made our stay in Murren magical.

I would gladly stay at Hotel JungFrau again. Pleasant memories all round of this wonderful place.

Room Tip: Rooms either face Allmendhubel or the JungFrau. So take your pick :) Although i would ofcourse go for JungFrau
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple