A nice chalet located in Interlaken city centre. We stayed at their Harder apartment for 3 nights on our recent visit and liked it. Below is a comprehensive review of the room.
What we liked:
1. Apartment: The apartment is an extension to the main chalet and is made with wood that's pleasant to the touch. It's clean and has a kitchenette, bathroom and bedroom all separated. The car parking bay is right in front of the door so it's convenient when you have baggage. Unlike some chalet like accommodation I've been to, hot water and the other facilities were working very well here.
2. Management: Excellent comms from Matt in advance of our arrival. Instructions are in a leaflet in the kitchen and if you're using public transport, there's a city pass which you can use on buses, etc.
3. Facilities: The kitchenette had all the utensils we needed, bathroom had the washing machine which was a good addition as we had plenty of washing to do.
4. Location: Within the town with gorcery shops close by. Walking distance to Interlaken West and Harder Kulm funicular train.
What could be improved:
1. Bed: The bed wasn't that comfortable and the pillows were too soft. We did ask the maid for 2 additional pillows but they were too soft also. Would be great if some hard pillows can be kept in the wardrobe so people can switch if they don't like soft ones.
2. Bathroom: Would have preferred to have some antibacterial wipes to clean the surfaces and also some toilet cleaner liquid for guests to use. As our stay was more than 1 night we definitely needed to use the cleaning products so we bought it from the store.
3. Upkeep: I'm a gardening freak so would have preferred to see the front and side lawns maintained a bit more regularly to control overgrowth. And it's pleasant to see too.
Overall a very good stay and a unique experience.
I found City Chalet hard to find, we walked around for a while a sign out the front would have helped, we also had to help a few other people find the place. Our apartment was quite roomy with everything we needed. My only complaint is that there were no complementary welcoming items such as tea, coffee, sugar, milk. When you are travelling long distances the last thing you feel like doing is going straight out again to find a few necessities. Thankfully there was a little supermarket close by. I would have liked the garden to have been well maintained it was full of weeds and very scruffy looking, most Swiss homes are meticulously maintained and very pretty I thought the garden outside let the place down. On the positive side it was close to rail, bus and restaurants. We enjoyed our stay there, but for the money we paid it could have been a bit more welcoming.
Excellently ocated and equipped peaceful Oasis in the heart of Interlaken. Matt is both laid back yet attentive and respected our privacy. Dog and bike friendly. Amenities very close. We thoroughly recommend this as an excellent holiday venue to explore the region.
If your are looking for family vacation in Switzerland, cooking, playing games, and chatting with friends and family, this is great place. Fully equipped house (even with indian tea filter, coffee maker, pans, spoons, plates , fridge, washing machine, dishwasher, internet ) its a home away from your home. Two nearby grocery shops can equip with all material you need .
From window one can view the majestic alps over cup of coffee/tea or take a stroll around the nearby flowing stream path. Easy to get to train/bus/boat station and go around. Lots of nice restros around too. Though the alps helps in keeping the price higher than neighboring countries.
Check out the foundue @Hotel Krebes. For first time eaters , you dont have to order one cheese/person, it can be shared. (3 orders for 5 people would be sufficient) .Lots of veggie options too.
Hunting for spots with good wifi signal was an interesting game to me. (Though others did not have any such issue).
Some visitor stamps are kept, you can use it for getting few francs off tickets at St beatus.
Lots of drawers in the kitchen Check each one to find out the type of vessel you are looking for. You will definitely find it. Well equipped kitchen.
Water in the kitchen tap is completely potable. So fill you water bottles before heading of to your daily jaunts.
A baggage counter @ the ground floor helps you to keep your luggage and roam around in case you arrive before your checkin/or have to wait for few hours after your checkout time.
I booked city chalet for five days in July 2017 . The apartment was exactly as per the pictures and was neet and clean equipped with all necessary goods required for a comfortable stay for my family. We had an excellent time at Interlaken and I strongly recommended city chalet , in case your are planing your trip to interlaken . The chalet is near to a big supermarket and walking distance to interlaken west railway station .