All reviews rooftop restaurant top floor tea making facilities excellent view jungfrau mountain decent hotel view from the balcony central location wi fi third floor train station swiss alps cold meats yogurt bread gym switzerland
Reviewed 20 May 2018 via mobile

The facilities are super old and dusty. The mattress felt like it hasn't been replaced since the early 80's. They did not offer an ironing board to the room, so I tried to iron my clothes with the horribly old and broken iron on the third floor which destroyed two of my shirts. The reception area is not welcoming at all and frequented by customers of the nearby watch shops. Last but not least, the building looks like a office building straight out of the 60's from outside.

The service was very friendly though, the breakfast buffet was decent too! The view from the room was nice as well. Yet, this does not apply to all rooms.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 May 2018

1)Beds was not good it used to get seperate after getting into the bed
2)the room fas was too samll to blow air for two people
3) breakfast had same items every day there was no change in Indian menu
4) reception guy was very rude while checking out time we got late 15 mins

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
metropoleinterlaken, Manager at Metropole Hotel Interlaken, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2018

Dear Guest

First let me thank you for your feedback. I am sorry to read that you were not happy with your stay. But let me give you a feedback to make your next stay more comfortable.

1) We do have twin bedrooms (2 seperate beds) and kindsize bedrooms (one big bed). Many hotels nowadays do have the chance to change the mattresse to one big one.

2) Our room sice is between 20 and 26 square meters plus a balcony (3 - 4.4 square meters).

3) There are changes for our breakfast menues. But indeed it doesn't vary between the nationalities we are hosting with us.

4) I am sorry to hear that our receptionist was rude to you. This is not acceptable. Our official check out time is 11am to make sure, the rooms are ready by 2pm for our new guests. Indeed we do check 15 minutes after the check out time, whether the guests are ready to check out or if they need help. But this should always be nice and cooperative.

Unfortunatelly we got the info after you have checked out. I kindly ask you to contact the front desk during your stay as we do have the goal to satisfy our customers. If you have any further comments, you are most welcome to contact me directly under mve@metropole-interlaken.ch. Thank you very much.

My best regards,

Reviewed 11 May 2018

Location of the hotel is very nice, close to the market place and Interlaken West train station. Number of restaurants and eating joints close by and even hotel itself has a good roof top restaurant. Hotel Staff is very supportive and the hotel has good amenities available.

Stayed: April 2018
metropoleinterlaken, Manager at Metropole Hotel Interlaken, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2018

Dear Manish J

Thank you for your nice feedback! I will pass your review to our staff.

I am looking forward to hopefully welcome you back at the Metropole some day.

My best wishes,

Reviewed 3 May 2018

This is our 2nd stay we stayed for 4 nights this time, we had a lovely room with balcony and that lovely view. I do have a couple of negatives this time I am afraid to say the main one being we did not find the breakfasts at all good this time, expensive and poor value the hot food section especially disappointing as it was Luke warm and if you wanted fried eggs cooked to order that was a extra 6 Swiss francs on top of the 25 francs each for breakfast. So a big disappointment for us the other minor thing was the fact the tea making facilities have now been removed from the room there is a 24/7 refreshment room on level 2 which is ok during the daytime and evening but if like us who sometimes require a cup of tea during the night to have to go in the lift to another floor is not something we would want to do. Having said this we still love this hotel and we would definitely come back and hopefully the breakfast will be better next time. We did have a evening meal which was ok. The bar man was fabulous very friendly and lovely to see the same manager in the hotel. Rooms very clean and beds extremely comfortable and a bonus of the evening chocolate gift.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Christine B
metropoleinterlaken, Manager at Metropole Hotel Interlaken, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2018

Dear Christine B

Thank you very much for your honest feedback.

Of course we will take your feedback about the breakfast very seriously and have a close look at it. I am looking forward to a feedback during your next stay with us. Indeed we have changed the process for free tea and coffee a few years ago. All our guests do have access to our guest lounge with free tea and coffee. There is no kettle in the room to prepare your own tea/coffee. The reason why we do so is because our kettles were used preparing and cooking other than just water. BUT of course we do have plenty of kettles. Please contact our reception for a kettle. We will then provide you one during your stay.

Now we are looking forward to your next stay.

My best wishes,

Reviewed 12 April 2018 via mobile

Stayed for 1 night and can recommend this Hotel, not cheap but for Interlaken good value.
Very helpful staff with good parking and central location. Ask for a city/ mountain view to get the best views of the mountains and town.
They have a good gym and the restaurant at the top of the building gives stunning views with good food.
Breakfast is OK, nothing but OK. Very nice bar in the lobby with reasonable prices for Switzerland.
There’s a Casino in town and worth a visit.
Certainly would recommend the Hotel, don’t be put off by the outside its very concrete looking but inside is very comfortable.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business