“Great situation, very good food and excellent service”
Review of Cafe de Paris

Cafe de Paris
Ranked #17 of 188 Restaurants in Interlaken
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 23 August 2018 via mobile

As part of our holiday in Wengen we agreed to meet longstanding family friends in Interlaken for lunch. A family member who lives locally recommended this as one the best casual restaurants in Interlaken. It was a 20 minute walk from Interlaken Ost station (closer to Interlaken West station) which was pleasant in the sunshine and takes in the famous landmark Interlaken hotels. The building where the restaurant is located is very pretty and we were booked on the terrace under trees and some umbrellas which gave a welcome cool relief from the hot afternoon sun. The service was excellent and the group of us enjoyed a number of authentic Swiss German dishes from rösti, cold roast beef with salad, pork cutlet; I had a tasty Swiss beef sirloin steak. Highly recommended for situation, service and food.

Reviewed 22 August 2018

This restaurant, located in a square on the edge of the business district, was one of our favorite dinners we enjoyed in Interlaken. We had a great table and a VERY nice waiter who made some great recommendations. My onion soup was wonderful, and my salmon tartare dish (while not what I expected) was really phenomenal. I truly enjoyed every bite. I also had a world-class dessert too, combining chocolate with raspberry. We loved the location that we hung around enjoying it for almost three hours. In the background, a band was playing music, too, as well as flugelhorns. I HIGHLY recommend this place.

Reviewed 17 August 2018

Ate at this restaurant 3 nights running and the food did not disappoint in any way. Located just off the main street (heading towards the clock tower in the old town) it is traffic free and has both indoor and outdoor seating. There is a menu available for inspection prior to your being seated. The initial service was good as we were shown to a table immediately and our order was taken very quickly. We actually chose a selection from a 'summer menu' which, as the name suggests, is a seasonal supplement to the main menu. The food arrived in a timely manner but therefater it was practically impossible to order additional drinks or further dishes or even request the bill. I don't think they would have even noticed had we 'done a runner'. Thing is, over the forthcoming nights we kind of got used to the shabby service and in the end just enjoyed the good food and the relaxed, unhurried ambience. Not a cheap place to eat but still good value for Interlaken.

Reviewed 14 July 2018 via mobile

Located in a market square just two blocks from our hotel. And Ins block off of the Main Street. Pleasant outside covered patio with Swiss Cuisine. They were crowded but we found a small table with good views for people watching. Waitress was friendly but very busy trying to keep up. I had the Wienerschnitzel with Fries and my spouse the Pouletbrust Both meal portions were large but tasty. Atmosphere is very casual.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 7 July 2018 via mobile

We stopped by this little cafe, and even with a party of 5 and no reservations, they accommodated quickly. The food was excellent. I especially enjoyed a lighter version on their summer menu, but everyone had a clean plate as we left. The prices are in line with the other places in Interlaken...meaning fairly high, but we were very satisfied with our meal and service.

Date of visit: July 2018