Hotels.com
Travelocity
Orbitz.com
eDreams
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 19 January 2018

We decided to stay here because of its affordable price and I was surprised to see how beautiful the view was for a 'mountain view' room! We were lucky to have good weather during our trip and were able to see the stars at night - from our room (when opening the large windows!) We also had dinner there and the staff was lovely and the food was delicious! Only thing is that it wasn't too quiet, as the walls are made of wood, so in the morning it can get a bit noisy if your neighbours wake up really early like ours did! But for the price and service, it really isn't something that matters, all the staff were very friendly. Would 100% recommend!

Room tip: get a mountain view room if you want to see beautiful snowy mountains from your room!
Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Christabel C
AlpenblickJB, Manager at Hotel Alpenblick, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2018

Thank you very much Christabel C, it is nice to get such comments and ratings!

Reviewed 31 December 2017

I was very disappointed in the overall quality of our rooms. When we entered our rooms, there was a very moldy/stale smell. We immediately opened our windows. Very small rooms, you want to limit the amount of time you spend in your room. Breakfast was a joke; there was bread, hard boiled eggs and yogurt. They are poorly staffed. Only one person handling the front desk, bartender and waiter. When we checked in the female was very unpleasant - almost rude and I sensed that she didn't want to be bothered. I think they call this a hotel in order to charge more.

Room tip: Find another hotel
Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
AlpenblickJB, Manager at Hotel Alpenblick, responded to this reviewResponded 1 January 2018

Thank you for your feedback! Something went wrong! We are very sorry, that you did not like it! You are right, we had 1 Person being Ill, that is why we were under-staffed. And we will talk with the concerned people! We are a hotel, but with no stars. You can hardly find a room in Grindelwald for the same price or cheaper... Conerning the breakfast, we have to add, that nex to yogurt, bread and hard boiled eggs, there is cheese and meat. As the room rate is quiete moderate for Switzerland, the breakfast is moderate as well. We have a lot of compliments for the breakfast from other guests as well.

Reviewed 19 December 2017 via mobile

I had a tereible dinner here. There were many bones in my fish fillet and I almost chocked myself. When asked, the staff say it is normal. One or two bones might be accepted but too many is not fillet anymore. It is raw fish! Really bad experience.

Date of stay: December 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends
AlpenblickJB, Manager at Hotel Alpenblick, responded to this reviewResponded 21 December 2017

Thank you for your feedback! First it is not a raw fish! It is a fish filet and there it might be, that you have fish bones in it! We are wondered, that the terrible dinner was eaten till the last bite...

Reviewed 16 October 2017

We went as part of an organised group and the whole experience was wonderful.The rooms were spotless and a balcony view of the Alps was a delight. The food was wonderful, each evening meal a delight. The station is a 10 minute walk away and being Switzerland, trains are punctual, clean and with a half price card, excellent value.
Reception staff are helpful and Frank and Jerry in the dining room a wonderful pair.

Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank JanW52_13
AlpenblickJB, Manager at Hotel Alpenblick, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2017

Thank you very much for your nice comment!

Reviewed 27 September 2017

The hotel is very nice, well located, and looks very clean. We enjoyed our stay at this hotel very much, but on the last day, I realized that our room 205, which is a good one with private bathroom, has bedbugs. For the first 2 nights I thought I was bitten by mosquitoes, but on the last day, when I checked my hand I saw like 10 bites in a very short area (10cm) on my arm. Same pattern was on my other arm, and there were also 4 bites near my neck in a tiny region. These are all clear indicators of bedbugs being present in the room. The rooms are all made of wood, which is the favorite spot for bedbugs. I did mention that to the staff as a serious issue, and I am sure that they will take care of the situation right away. My suggestion to you is to avoid room 205 by all means. This happened in mid September 2017. Usually when a room is infested by bedbugs, it will take months and multiple rounds of extermination to get rid of all of them. I would recommend that no one stays in that room for at least 6 months.

Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
AlpenblickJB, Manager at Hotel Alpenblick, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2017

Dear,
Thank you for your comment! We are very sorry!!
We called a specialist, he was here shortly after your check out. The room was treatened by chemicals. The specialist told us, that room will be "clean" within 1 week.