“Good Food and Many Rooms”

Restaurant Kreuz & Post
Ranked #8 of 77 Restaurants in Grindelwald
Price range: US$ 14 - US$ 63
Cuisines: European, Swiss, Grill
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: In every one of our restaurants, in the Kreuz Restaurant, the Challistubli and in the Panorama-Dining room, it is all about pampering. You explore a fresh and nice cuisine inspired by the seasons and our local products. We offer honesty and great taste, regional but also international dishes, all prepared with great care.
Reviewed 11 October 2018

We had dinner here and it was a nice experience. The outdoor seating is always pakced so we opted for a quiet room inside and ended up being the only table in that room which was good for us. The wait staff was pleasant and helpful. My husband had the Rosti with a side salad and he was pleased with the meal. Our son had the chicken burger which was an actual chicken breast, not chopped chicken, and a side of French fries. The fries were a bit expensive for the amount that you receive. I tried something off of their seasonal menu: jugged venison with red cabbage and spaetzli. It was very good. The meat portion was decent and it was tender except for one uneatable piece. The portions of cabbage and spaetzli were very large. I could not finish it all. As with most Swiss restaurants, it is a bit pricy but better than some.

Date of visit: September 2018
HotelKreuzPost, Manager at Restaurant Kreuz & Post, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2018

Thank you very much for beeing our guests. We are happy that you enjoyed the menu's you choose.
Yes we do have different Rooms in our Restaurants, there is the Kreuz-Stübli, the Kreuz-Restaurant and the Challi-Stübli - that is where you where served the dinner. we do have as well a Panoramic Dining room which is in the 1st floor of the Hotel.
Swiss restaurants are more expensive as some others in Europe but when you think the salary we pay a young cook after finishing the cooking school is CHF/ Dollar 4500.00 per month and we pay extra 6 weeks holidays in a year. this is a 19 Year old cook. Can you imagine what we pay a crew with average age of 35 Years.
well this to explain - why Switzerland is expensive!

Enjoy your holiday
Sincerelly Yours
Helena Konzett

Reviewed 11 October 2018

If you've food allergies avoid this restaurant at all cost. The food is terrible and the staff are uncouth and racist to say the least.

Date of visit: September 2018

First of all please tell us your name, then tell us where you sat and ate, so we are able to explain us. If you dont do this and if you
do not ask after such a terrible experience right away for the manager then we really feel sorry for you.
If you complain right away I am able to solve the problem.
But now I have to say - I do not beleave you!
Helena Konzett

Reviewed 19 August 2018 via mobile

I’ll make a disclaimer, my family and I did not eat here so I will not make any mention of their dining experience.

The reason why I’m giving a one-star is because I felt extremely disrespected here by the host/waiter.

My family and I walked into a very pleasant looking restaurant and asked if we could get a table for 4 by the windows (which by the way, had no reserved sign or anything on them). The waiter replied with a flat “no” and proceeded to glare at me. A little confused, I replied “Ah I see, may I ask if there is a reason why?” He rolled his eyes and said they are reserved. I politely apologized for wasting his time and said that we would continue on our way.

At this point, even though he was already rude, everything is okay. I understand that he’s probably busy and that it’s stressful to work in a place with a lot of tourists. We walk out now, we’re all good. No hard feelings. The next part is what infuriated me.

The host/waiter then shrugged and said “Fine, then move out of the way.” As he said that, he proceeded to move toward the kitchen and actually aggressively shoulder bumped myself and another family member. I was so shocked and angry that I almost made a scene.

I don’t have expectations for people to be friendly or inviting at all times, I get that people have rough days. But at least don’t be disrespectful. What this host/waiter did was downright disrespectful and no one deserves to be treated like that. Please show us out the door respectfully. I will not be back here again and I don’t recommend eating here. There are plenty of great places to eat. I suggest Restaurant Glacier!

Date of visit: August 2018
HotelKreuzPost, Inhaber at Restaurant Kreuz & Post, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2018

Dear Tourist,

Our restaurant is one of the best à la carte restaurants in Grindelwald.
If you like to have the best table (window view), we highly advise to book and reserve with us in advance.

Looking at your comment/rating, we immediately addressed the subject to our head waiter.
He remembered you exactly, requesting very persistently to sit at an already reserved table.

We would be more than happy to welcome you back on another opportunity, so you could actually experience our restaurant offer. Only then your comment/rating would be acceptable.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 4 August 2018

We were in Grindelwald the first week of the season, there was very little open. The Kreuz & Post had good food and very good service

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed 3 August 2018 via mobile

We had dinner at this fabulous Swiss restaurant almost every day we stayed in Grindelwald. It was that good!

Date of visit: August 2018
HotelKreuzPost, Leiter Gästebetreuung at Restaurant Kreuz & Post, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2018

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your lovely review of our hotel restaurant.
What a great pleasure to welcoming you to our place and to be spoiling you with our swiss cuisine - we are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed it so much and we would be more than happy to welcoming you back anytime in future again!
Stay well & Best Regards from Grindelwald