“Outstanding!”

Gstaad Palace Hotel
Ranked #3 of 21 Hotels in Gstaad
Reviewed 5 July 2017

We received excellent service before we arrived from Barbara, the Customer Relations Manager, who had organised e-bikes, road bikes with a guide and a hike with a guide. We were 6 adults, all with different requirements and we were all accommodated beautifully. The road bikes needed an extra tool for the pedals so some of the party were whisked off to a shop to rectify the problem. The hotel mini bus also saved another one of our party when they needed a lift back after a long e-bike ride. The guides were very good and enhanced our overall experience. Check in was swift, efficient and friendly. All staff without exception could not have been better. They were helpful and went out of their way to ensure an enjoyable experience. Food and drink was of a high standard, which we expected. We were upgraded as we were celebrating an anniversary. The rooms were modern but in keeping with the style of this beautiful hotel and Gstaad. Some had massages and commented how good they were. Our group thoroughly enjoyed our three night stay. The Alps are breathtaking in the summer and there was so much more we wanted to do but will have to come back another time.

Room Tip: Mountain views I would recommend
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank speedy908
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 28 June 2017

Sometimes luxury hotels have staff who are a little too precious, but not the Gstaad Palace. The staff there are friendly and down-to-earth people who go out of their way to be helpful and to make your stay memorable while achieving a high standard of service.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with The Leading Hotels of the World
1  Thank Dan C
Reviewed 27 June 2017

The Gstaad Palace is an incredible hotel in the Swiss Alps. The service was the most impressive part, with turndown service and multiple cleaning services a day. Roy Emerson's tennis week is unbelievable. Roy and his staff provide an exceptional program, with great coaching and drills. My wife and I were also able to enjoy the beautiful views in the mountains.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with The Leading Hotels of the World
Reviewed 15 June 2017 via mobile

Lovely place!
Well done! going through the generations and always at the top!

We had at the pleasure to stay many times at The Palace Gstaad,
Full of character and charm, staff were friendly and very efficient. We stayed in a beautiful suite with a view across the Swiss alps, the suite was lovely with a feeling of grandure about it. Would recommend and will certainly return in the future.

Thank you for a wonderful stay.

Michael

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank micka16Suisse
Reviewed 30 May 2017

Gstaad Palace probably is one of the most luxurious hotels in Europe and I can’t say enough good things about this place. First of all, Gstaad is a famous ski resort in Switzerland and definitely one of the most attractive holiday regions in the Swiss Alps for luxurious getaways. It has several ultra luxurious five star properties and the town itself is a very cozy and trendy place with a lot of high end boutiques and shops.

Gstaad Palace is one of the leading hotels of the world and I can easily see why … Right from the moment I stepped in, I felt the grandeur of this place. The lobby are is just stunning and although this hotel has been open for over a hundred years, it is totally up to date and offers the most comfortable rooms and facilities one could wish for. There are pictures all over the hotel which represent the history of the hotel.
I was welcomed with a big smile and the front desk staff told us everything we needed to know about the hotel. Our keys were handed in just seconds and I couldn’t wait any longer to explore our beautiful deluxe room. One of the staff members took us to our room, located on the 3rd floor. Even walking through the hallways is an experience and made me feel like royalty 

We stayed in a deluxe room with a south view and I must say the view was just amazing… The weather was just beautiful and the surrounding mountains are magical. The room itself was just great and was decorated with high quality materials. All of the mountain style rooms are of a true five star (plus!) level featuring a comfortable couch, working desk and a heavenly bed. At 46m², it had a great size and a small balcony with a table and two chairs to enjoy the views. Bathroom featured double sinks, separate (rain)shower and an oversized tub. Once again, everything in the room was very well maintained (the rooms are made up twice a day) and I was in love with the overall interior designs.

After inspecting the room, I went down to explore the entire palace! Right next to the check-in area is a large bar / lobby with open plan fire place. At night, they play live music and everybody was dressed up. I couldn’t imagine any more magical place to enjoy an aperitif before enjoying the most wonderful dinner.

Gstaad Palace has five restaurants. The first night we had dinner at Gildo’s, their Italian restaurant. The food was outstanding! I thoroughly enjoyed the homemade tomato soup and the sea bass as a main course. As you would expect, the staff was Italian and I actually had the feeling of being in Italy for a few times. Loved the atmosphere here! There’s always room for desert, and I enjoyed every single bite of my apfelstrudel … A must try!

After a wonderful night I was ready to explore the slopes of Gstaad. Gstaad Palace offers a complimentary shuttle service to/from the slopes. It even has a ski shop within the hotel which was very practical for us to rent our ski equipment. I love the fact that the hotel arranges everything for you: ski passes, etc. so there’s no need to queue at counters near the slopes, etc. Very convenient! The ski area itself is pretty large and well connected. The weather was beautiful, I couldn’t stop making pictures of the surrounding areas.

After a day of skiing, it was time to relax! Gstaad Palace has a fantastic wellness area. This is the place to be after a day in the mountains. It has a large indoor pool, a large outdoor jacuzzi and several relaxing areas. The comfortable couches around the fireplace were my favorite. I also enjoyed the sauna and steam room which are separated for males/females. In summer, an olympic outdoor pool is available as well as a few tennis courts.

As most of you know, I love spa treatments and experienced one of their signature treatments, Jardin des Monts Energising massage . The 50 minutes that followed were pure relaxation. I must say it was one the best massages I ever experienced! It’s not a traditional massage, beside the most wonderful hands of the therapist, she also used smooth wooden rollers which made me feel so relaxed… I never experienced such a treatment and loved every second!

After all the relaxation, it was time to explore another restaurant at Gstaad Palace. Since we were in Switzerland, we had to try La Fromagerie. There’s an interesting story about this place. During World War II, the hotel housed treasures: owing to its isolated location on the upper mountainside, the Swiss government hid a large portion of the country’s gold reserves in a two-storey bunker. Today it is a restaurant with Swiss specialties. The cheese champagne fondue and raclette were amazing… Definitely worth a visit while you’re staying at Gstaad Palace, you won’t regret 

The next morning we had breakfast again at the Le Grand Restaurant where we enjoyed another gourmet breakfast. There’s a large buffet with fresh ingredients and lots of fruit. There are also several à la carte options. I should highlight the Laurent Perrier champagne… is there a better way to start your day?

I was sad to leave, but was smiling all the way back to Belgium … Gstaad Palace is a top notch hotel and is one of the better five star properties I have experienced. From the service, friendliness of the staff to the delicious food and gorgeous interiors … Gstaad Palace has it all and is one of a kind. I recommend everyone to stay here at least once in your life!

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank Stoffel1982
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gstaad
0.3 km away
2.8 km away
HUUS Hotel Gstaad
HUUS Hotel Gstaad
#5 of 21 in Gstaad

Been to Gstaad Palace Hotel? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK