All reviewstennis weekswiss alpsla fromagerietennis camptennis courtslobby barlove tennisstaff were superbsouth viewold schoolski areaoutdoor jacuzziski equipmentleading hotels of the worldthree night staydeluxe roomroom service
Reviewed 15 June 2017 via mobile

Lovely place!
Well done! going through the generations and always at the top!

We had at the pleasure to stay many times at The Palace Gstaad,
Full of character and charm, staff were friendly and very efficient. We stayed in a beautiful suite with a view across the Swiss alps, the suite was lovely with a feeling of grandure about it. Would recommend and will certainly return in the future.

Thank you for a wonderful stay.

Michael

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank micka16Suisse
Reviewed 30 May 2017

Gstaad Palace probably is one of the most luxurious hotels in Europe and I can’t say enough good things about this place. First of all, Gstaad is a famous ski resort in Switzerland and definitely one of the most attractive holiday regions in the Swiss Alps for luxurious getaways. It has several ultra luxurious five star properties and the town itself is a very cozy and trendy place with a lot of high end boutiques and shops.

Gstaad Palace is one of the leading hotels of the world and I can easily see why … Right from the moment I stepped in, I felt the grandeur of this place. The lobby are is just stunning and although this hotel has been open for over a hundred years, it is totally up to date and offers the most comfortable rooms and facilities one could wish for. There are pictures all over the hotel which represent the history of the hotel.
I was welcomed with a big smile and the front desk staff told us everything we needed to know about the hotel. Our keys were handed in just seconds and I couldn’t wait any longer to explore our beautiful deluxe room. One of the staff members took us to our room, located on the 3rd floor. Even walking through the hallways is an experience and made me feel like royalty 

We stayed in a deluxe room with a south view and I must say the view was just amazing… The weather was just beautiful and the surrounding mountains are magical. The room itself was just great and was decorated with high quality materials. All of the mountain style rooms are of a true five star (plus!) level featuring a comfortable couch, working desk and a heavenly bed. At 46m², it had a great size and a small balcony with a table and two chairs to enjoy the views. Bathroom featured double sinks, separate (rain)shower and an oversized tub. Once again, everything in the room was very well maintained (the rooms are made up twice a day) and I was in love with the overall interior designs.

After inspecting the room, I went down to explore the entire palace! Right next to the check-in area is a large bar / lobby with open plan fire place. At night, they play live music and everybody was dressed up. I couldn’t imagine any more magical place to enjoy an aperitif before enjoying the most wonderful dinner.

Gstaad Palace has five restaurants. The first night we had dinner at Gildo’s, their Italian restaurant. The food was outstanding! I thoroughly enjoyed the homemade tomato soup and the sea bass as a main course. As you would expect, the staff was Italian and I actually had the feeling of being in Italy for a few times. Loved the atmosphere here! There’s always room for desert, and I enjoyed every single bite of my apfelstrudel … A must try!

After a wonderful night I was ready to explore the slopes of Gstaad. Gstaad Palace offers a complimentary shuttle service to/from the slopes. It even has a ski shop within the hotel which was very practical for us to rent our ski equipment. I love the fact that the hotel arranges everything for you: ski passes, etc. so there’s no need to queue at counters near the slopes, etc. Very convenient! The ski area itself is pretty large and well connected. The weather was beautiful, I couldn’t stop making pictures of the surrounding areas.

After a day of skiing, it was time to relax! Gstaad Palace has a fantastic wellness area. This is the place to be after a day in the mountains. It has a large indoor pool, a large outdoor jacuzzi and several relaxing areas. The comfortable couches around the fireplace were my favorite. I also enjoyed the sauna and steam room which are separated for males/females. In summer, an olympic outdoor pool is available as well as a few tennis courts.

As most of you know, I love spa treatments and experienced one of their signature treatments, Jardin des Monts Energising massage . The 50 minutes that followed were pure relaxation. I must say it was one the best massages I ever experienced! It’s not a traditional massage, beside the most wonderful hands of the therapist, she also used smooth wooden rollers which made me feel so relaxed… I never experienced such a treatment and loved every second!

After all the relaxation, it was time to explore another restaurant at Gstaad Palace. Since we were in Switzerland, we had to try La Fromagerie. There’s an interesting story about this place. During World War II, the hotel housed treasures: owing to its isolated location on the upper mountainside, the Swiss government hid a large portion of the country’s gold reserves in a two-storey bunker. Today it is a restaurant with Swiss specialties. The cheese champagne fondue and raclette were amazing… Definitely worth a visit while you’re staying at Gstaad Palace, you won’t regret 

The next morning we had breakfast again at the Le Grand Restaurant where we enjoyed another gourmet breakfast. There’s a large buffet with fresh ingredients and lots of fruit. There are also several à la carte options. I should highlight the Laurent Perrier champagne… is there a better way to start your day?

I was sad to leave, but was smiling all the way back to Belgium … Gstaad Palace is a top notch hotel and is one of the better five star properties I have experienced. From the service, friendliness of the staff to the delicious food and gorgeous interiors … Gstaad Palace has it all and is one of a kind. I recommend everyone to stay here at least once in your life!

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank Stoffel1982
Reviewed 22 March 2017 via mobile

Beautifully located minutes away from the Main Street, the legendary Gstaad Palace serves as home away from home for the wealthy and famous thanks to its immaculate service, country-house comforts and the friendly staff.

Arrival : we decided to stop at the Glacier 3000 on the way to Gstaad to enjoy the best of the beautiful day . I wasn't sure what to expect upon arrival since we were in our skiing gear and this palace is famous for its elegance atmosphere. What can I say : the brilliant doormen took care of our car and everything in it and the friendly front desk was complimented by a very warm welcome by Barbara, the guest relations, who made us fell immediately at home.

Room : Add the glorious panorama from its terrace , fantastic space and the best in comfort to the marvelous housekeeping staff & lots of extra treats you will soon realize why guests keep coming back again and again .

F&B: The Lobby Bar has long served as Gstaad's social scene center . Here tiara girls mingle with top models, jet setters and of course the bright & young from the prestigious Institute LeRosey . Mere mortals are not only very welcome but also receive the same royal palace treatment.
Most restaurants are set around the bar with live music ( I must admit that the music it's not for everybody taste). Food a la carte was very good but we did find the daily full menu very dated, however , the service could not have been better.
Special thanks to Gildo, who is one of the world's best and most charming professionals, really on top of his game .

Breakfast: fantastic selection on offer and good quality products are delivered daily. ( shame that the supervisor decided to scream at the waiter right in front of my eyes making him forget about my eggs and me losing my appetite.). Apart from this incident we had fabulous breakfasts everyday .

Room Service : we decided to try in room dinning one day and it was simply fabulous. The food was quickly and impeccably delivered with smile. Great Fillet Rossini and the phenomenal langustine curry were unforgettable.

Ski room: very helpful and friendly, I can gladly say the same about the car service provided from and to the ski lifts .

Wow factor : the SPA is incredible. Stunning facilities, extra treats and the visual effect raised the bar in The Swiss Alps . Comfortable, beautiful and extremely well attended.

I can't wait to call this gorgeous palace home again . Thank you all for the marvellous time in Gstaad . Already booked for 2018.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank DavidMDC
Reviewed 7 March 2017

Skiing in Gstaad may not be as good as in Zermatt or Davos due to the lower altitude of mountains surrounding Gstaad but staying at Gstaad Palace on its own justify the trip to Gstaad. Great Staff, fantastic SPA, and attractive bar and Restaurants

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with The Leading Hotels of the World
Reviewed 3 March 2017

From our arrival at Gstaad railway station, where we were picked up in the hotel's complimentary shuttle, to our departure we were treated like royalty at this beautiful hotel. Our room was a very comfortable Junior Suite Deluxe with lovely views of the pretty village below. It was furnished to a very high standard, exceptionally clean and superbly maintained. It benefited from high speed internet and every modern convenience while still retaining the charm of this historic hotel. The hotel's restaurants and bars are all very welcoming, the food and service excellent and the atmosphere in keeping with the beautiful surroundings. The staff is truly excellent. We were always recognized and addressed by name and the service came with a smile and genuine friendliness. The concierge team offered excellent advice and assistance, especially Roger who always took the time to help plan our skiing day. The shuttle service to the station was always available and the driver extremely helpful with baggage and ski equipment. The spa benefits from the most wonderful indoor/outdoor giant hot tub and a good sized indoor swimming pool. A very welcome place after skiing all day. Unfortunately, we did not have time for any treatments - something to look forward to during our next stay. What more can I add except to say that this hotel provides luxury accommodation, first class restaurants, exemplary service, charm and modern amenities in a fairy-tale setting. Very highly recommended.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with The Leading Hotels of the World
RBour, Manager at Gstaad Palace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2017

Dear Heb999

Thank you very much for these nice words, it’s always a pleasure to leave a good memory to our guests.
Your satisfaction is our satisfaction.
We look forward to welcoming you soon again and hope to pamper you in our spa during your next stay.
Best Regards