All reviewstennis weekswiss alpsla fromagerietennis camptennis courtslobby barlove tennisstaff were superbsouth viewold schoolski areaoutdoor jacuzziski equipmentleading hotels of the worldthree night staydeluxe roomroom service
Reviewed 5 May 2012

I adore this hotel. We have stayed 3 times, all as special occasions and have never been disappointed. One tip, we had half board but for some reason ignored this and mainly chose to eat in the a la carte restaurants. These were superb however I think we missed out as the main restaurant is lovely. Also last time we chose a room with a balcony, which was a beautiful room however we didn't venture on to it as it was so cold, so I think a room simply with a beautiful view is adequate.

This is the kind of place where you feel like Royalty and are transported from the everyday cares of real life. Sometimes I close my eyes and imagine that I am sat in the bar, right by the roaring fire with a lovely drink in hand ... I am now waiting for our little ones to get a bit older so we can go back as a family - I don't think I am brave enough to take two lively under 5's there just yet!!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 April 2012

An institution in Gstaad worth experiencing. Everything was stellar during our stay and the attention to detail makes it truly memorable. Just ask and you will get. The price is hefty (like all ski resort hotels during high season) but the value is commensurate. The recently renovated Spa is certainly a highlight, and makes you feel in an alpine resort. And the view is resourcing. The cocktails and drinks were pricey, but overall an excellent stay.

Room Tip: Mountain view are spectacular albeit pricey.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 February 2012

We spent with my husband our holidays in Gstaad Palace and we really enjoyed our stay.
Staying in Gstaad Palace was the best choice, since all the happenings, party events and and social gathering took place at the hotel.
The spa facilities were amazing. The choice and quality of restaurants was very good too.

What we didn't like was the fact that the hotel did not offer convinient transportation to the ski lifts. We knew it was far from the slopes, but for the price we are paying we expected to be transported at the slopes free of charge.
Taking a taxi everyday to go skiing was annoying to say the least !

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sarah M
Reviewed 8 February 2012

Just stunning everything! Loved loved loved this place!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 February 2012

but yet they still treated me like THE most important guest they have ever had.

GPH is like the French Laundry of hotels, you simply cannot believe that a hotel stay could ever be this good, albeit for a price that will probably blow your mind. But, as they say, "if you have to ask how much something costs then you can't afford it."

Highlights of the trip include:

THE LOBBY BAR
Elegance and supreme comfort plus they throw in a smoking room! Make sure your check out the owner's magnificent collection of matchbooks from the greatest gin joints on the planet.

THE SPA
This is why Candido Jacuzzi invented the Jacuzzi.

GILDO BOCCHINI
If you meet the man, then you know exactly what I'm talking about. If not, then you need to add him to your "Bucket List"

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple