Hotel Bernerhof Gstaad(Gstaad)(Great Value!)
US$ 229
US$ 253
US$ 230
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Gstaaderhof Swiss Quality Hotel(Gstaad)(Great Value!)
US$ 250
US$ 220
Priceline
  • Breakfast included
US$ 945
All reviewstennis weekswiss alpsla fromagerietennis camptennis courtslobby barlove tennisstaff were superbsouth viewold schoolski areaoutdoor jacuzziroom serviceski equipmentfantastic spaleading hotels of the worldthree night stay
Reviewed 2 January 2012

I visited the Grand Palace Hotel as part of the Roy Emerson Tennis Week in September 2011. This was my first visit to Switzerland and my first stay in a 5 star hotel for 7 nights 8 days.

Initially I felt a bit overwhelmed after a long trip to get to Gstaad from Australia. However, I did appreciate the prompt and efficient service of the hotel staff.

At no time did I experience any rudeness or snobbery described by other reviewers. Initially I found the staff to be polite but reserved. However, after a couple of days there, I found them much more friendly. Some of them even began to appreciate my Australian sense of humour and adopted the Aussie greeting "G'day Mate!". I left Gstaad with a very memorable experience.

I found the accommodation at Gstaad Palace to be impeccable.

Overall I found the food fantastic (only one meal was not to my liking but it was quickly corrected after I explained my complaint) and the service to be exceptional in the restrauant. I did note that the prices of the food and drink were very expensive, but I suppose that this is not unusual in a 5 star hotel. (However, because meals were included with the Roy Emerson Tennis Week, I found my stay to be quite good value).

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 January 2012

The Palace was an awesome summer time experience. We can not wait to come during the winter.

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed 30 September 2011

Every summer I spend approximately three weeks in Gstaad, at the Palace Hotel, to share time with my friends, while walking in the mountains, in the beautiful green valleys kept in pristine state by the swiss farmers and eating together the excellent international or swiss food at my hotel or in many different houses or restaurants. the Palace Hotel is my home, with many friendly doormen and waiters, all remembering my name -from year to year- and serving me perfectly, with that slight degree of affection, naturally developing among people when there is a common understanding. That's why the Palace Hotel is my home in Paradise during the month of August!

Room Tip: If you come yearly, reserve always the same room. It will become your bedroom for that period.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 August 2011

The Palace is one of those places that you must experience at least once in your life.
Is more than a "hotel" or a "resort" is a unique experience if your come to Switizerland.
The Castle, is overlooking the swiis paradise that you can find in Gstaad. In winter or in summer.....is a difficult choice, for me both are great and could continue coming in both seasons. Completly different but both valuable. Winter is the place to see and be seen, just enter to a social & jet set theatre !!
Try it, you would not be disapointed.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Williecarballo
Reviewed 26 July 2011

Stayed here on business in June 2011. The hotel was incredible, outstanding service in every way. It's expensive but you get an unrivalled level of attention and service from the staff. Overall, perfect!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business