All reviews alexander suite fairy tale free lift hill top funicular ride bus lines queen victoria street level double sinks old town entire city hotel bar corner room check in was easy thoroughly enjoyed our stay lake and mountains a lovely stay
Reviewed 4 May 2017

It is a quite a nice spot, with a rgeat location with a great city view in a very quite and relaxed place.

The srvice is good, has a confy bar and the rooms are nice.
Restaurant service is also very good.
Has a very convenient funicular service to reach the downtown.

Anyway the views and the place are worth the stay.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 May 2017 via mobile

This may sound a little over the top, but there's no other way to describe it... This restaurant gave me the best meal of my life. Seriously, I never wanted it to end... the ravioli utterly knocked my socks off, and I'm Italian! Throw in the perfect ambience and views over Lucerne and it's just paradise. If you're in Lucerne and want to be blown away, go here.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Q-Dizzy
Reviewed 24 April 2017

Nice hotel with good location, you can either use their car park or take the elevator down to the town and walk few minutes to the old town. You should at least visit their bar for the views if you won't stay here. There is also really nice Forrest just behind the hotel and you can go there for nice walks.

Our room was nice, clean and spacey. The breakfast was good and staff was very nice and polite. Only minus would be with the very different information about the price for an extra bed. It did change in different web pages.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 April 2017 via mobile

Most reviews mention the fantastic views over Lucerne from the hotel. We booked this hotel because of that reason and it was totally worth it. Infact the views are far better when you see them in real.
Rooms are nicely decorated. Bathrooms are as good and spacious with separate his-and-hers wash basins. It makes sense to pay for the rooms with the view. The breakfast was nice with mostly non vegetarian options. The gutsch bahn (a very interesting lift going up and down the mountain) drops you to a bus stop that takes you to town pretty quickly. It's a convenient location for that reason!
We did have a minor issue with the front desk staff over the type of room requested but when we brought it to the notice of the manager, he went out of the way to make up for it and make us comfortable. Thank you Mr. Manager. I would definitely stay at this interesting chateau again.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank poojabhar
Reviewed 11 April 2017

We tried to book a 'family' room for August. The hotel reception made the reservation for MARCH. I did not notice their mistake until the hotel charged my credit card for double the rate that I was promised over the phone.

The reception and hotel manager refuse to accept any responsibility, even though the hotel was not fully booked in March.

We travel a lot and have never experienced such poor customer service. Save your money, visit one of the many beautiful castles in Italy or France.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family