See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 1 January 2017 via mobile

Look it's not a five star hotel, but our room. Was warm and clean and tidy. It was a bit cramped but that's part of the novelty. There was WiFi and the food we got there was lovely! We were part of the contiki and we were all happily surprised as out hotel the night before in Germany was terrible! Not bad at all.

Date of stay: December 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 December 2016 via mobile

Unfortunately was booked into this hotel by a tour group I was with. I was incredibly disgusted, mortified and did not sleep for a minute the entire time in the 48 hours I was stuck there (unfortunately couldn't find another hotel nearby on such short notice). It was dirty, smelled, had no lifts, was described as a "cultural experience" because it use to be a jail. It was a jail for a reason, for those who deserve punishment. If you've done nothing wrong, don't stay in this hotel. If I could give them 0 stars, I would have - but the location was great. I'll give them that. But otherwise, the worst experience I have ever had. I'm sure jails today would be better than what I experienced there.

Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank Amanda N
Reviewed 11 December 2016 via mobile

So this hotel would have been cool as it is a novelty type hotel however...
The food was cold, ice cream was melted, salad was old, rooms smelt, shower had mould and the club next door hosted a concert type thing and the hotel smelt of cigarettes for the next day.

Location is good but that's about all.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 November 2016

Was absolutely terrifed of this hotel. Insisted that we sleep with the lights on. It's noisy, crowded, and the rooms aren't great, but it is also affordable. It's hard to find affordable in Lucerne, so this worked just fine.

Date of stay: June 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 November 2016 via mobile

This has to be the dirtiest hotel in Europe rooms are dirty , sheets are dirty , bathroom mouldy and we were bitten all over by bed bugs ... I could go on and on but seriously just avoid this hotel............,,,,,.................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Date of stay: November 2016