See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 11 December 2016 via mobile

So this hotel would have been cool as it is a novelty type hotel however...
The food was cold, ice cream was melted, salad was old, rooms smelt, shower had mould and the club next door hosted a concert type thing and the hotel smelt of cigarettes for the next day.

Location is good but that's about all.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 November 2016

Was absolutely terrifed of this hotel. Insisted that we sleep with the lights on. It's noisy, crowded, and the rooms aren't great, but it is also affordable. It's hard to find affordable in Lucerne, so this worked just fine.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 November 2016 via mobile

This has to be the dirtiest hotel in Europe rooms are dirty , sheets are dirty , bathroom mouldy and we were bitten all over by bed bugs ... I could go on and on but seriously just avoid this hotel............,,,,,.................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stayed: November 2016
1  Thank timothy151
Reviewed 11 November 2016 via mobile

I can barely believe this place calls itself a hotel.

My wife and I stayed here with a group in late October for a couple of nights. We checked in and proceeded to drag our bags up the stairs. I actually thought my wife was joking when she turned into what looked like a broom closet.

When we got into the room I found it was comprised of just enough space to accomodate a double bed and a large black box which held the toilet and shower (this was literally a large box). The room smelt of mould and had barely enough space to accomodate us and our baggage. The mattress was covered with a stained, thread-bare fitted sheet, two aged doonas, one flat pillow, and one hunk of foam in a pillow case.

The walls were cover in marks and foot prints. The shower had significant mould.

I went down stairs to ask for a clean sheet and a couple more pillows. The reception staff member shrugged her shoulders and told us there were no more pillows available and she pulled out an old doona cover for us to use as a sheet.

We proceeded to ask our tour manager for a different room from one of the group who had refused to stay at the hotel. Their room was no better and also had no window coverings. As the window opened up into the ground level of a court yard where the staff smoked, we decided to go back to the first room.

When I checked the window coverings in our room I found that the didn't actually close fully and allow the street light outside to shine into our room. I also tried turning of the radiator, but found it was missing the knob.

We looked around for other hotels, but the ones nearby were booked out so we decided to try and just go to sleep.

The was a bit harder than I thought it would be. Though it was a Monday night the night club down stairs (yes, there is a night club literally at the base of the 'hotel') was open and proceeded to play loud music to the early hours of the morning.

I wish I had heeded the warnings from others who had stayed here and just booked a different hotel in advance.

I can honestly say I have seen more hospitable functioning maximum security prisons than this 'hotel'. I heartily recommend avoiding this place.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Dan G
Reviewed 25 October 2016

the very basis interior was expected and was in fact a real experience. But the condition of the shower was simply unacceptable. never been in a hotel with such moldy shower and shower curtain. Don't think that was worth the experience, so sadly to say, great concept but currently very poorly managed from a cleanliness perspective.

Room Tip: the higher the better to prevent noise from the night club
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family