Jailhotel Loewengraben
getaroom.com
US$ 150
TripAdvisor
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 180/night.

US$ 529
US$ 501
Agoda.com
  • Pool
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 13 November 2016 via mobile

This has to be the dirtiest hotel in Europe rooms are dirty , sheets are dirty , bathroom mouldy and we were bitten all over by bed bugs ... I could go on and on but seriously just avoid this hotel............,,,,,.................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stayed: November 2016
1  Thank timothy151
Reviewed 11 November 2016 via mobile

I can barely believe this place calls itself a hotel.

My wife and I stayed here with a group in late October for a couple of nights. We checked in and proceeded to drag our bags up the stairs. I actually thought my wife was joking when she turned into what looked like a broom closet.

When we got into the room I found it was comprised of just enough space to accomodate a double bed and a large black box which held the toilet and shower (this was literally a large box). The room smelt of mould and had barely enough space to accomodate us and our baggage. The mattress was covered with a stained, thread-bare fitted sheet, two aged doonas, one flat pillow, and one hunk of foam in a pillow case.

The walls were cover in marks and foot prints. The shower had significant mould.

I went down stairs to ask for a clean sheet and a couple more pillows. The reception staff member shrugged her shoulders and told us there were no more pillows available and she pulled out an old doona cover for us to use as a sheet.

We proceeded to ask our tour manager for a different room from one of the group who had refused to stay at the hotel. Their room was no better and also had no window coverings. As the window opened up into the ground level of a court yard where the staff smoked, we decided to go back to the first room.

When I checked the window coverings in our room I found that the didn't actually close fully and allow the street light outside to shine into our room. I also tried turning of the radiator, but found it was missing the knob.

We looked around for other hotels, but the ones nearby were booked out so we decided to try and just go to sleep.

The was a bit harder than I thought it would be. Though it was a Monday night the night club down stairs (yes, there is a night club literally at the base of the 'hotel') was open and proceeded to play loud music to the early hours of the morning.

I wish I had heeded the warnings from others who had stayed here and just booked a different hotel in advance.

I can honestly say I have seen more hospitable functioning maximum security prisons than this 'hotel'. I heartily recommend avoiding this place.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Dan G
Reviewed 25 October 2016

the very basis interior was expected and was in fact a real experience. But the condition of the shower was simply unacceptable. never been in a hotel with such moldy shower and shower curtain. Don't think that was worth the experience, so sadly to say, great concept but currently very poorly managed from a cleanliness perspective.

Room Tip: the higher the better to prevent noise from the night club
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank swissone00
Reviewed 19 October 2016

We literally felt we were in a jail and longed to get out of there.
A few highlights from our stay here:

1. The bed rails on the bunk beds were broken, making it unsafe.
2. They gave us a room where the toilet flush was broken and told us they didn't have any other options left when asked for an exchange.
3. Every time we had to ask any help, we had to climb three literally long staircases down to the reception as there are no bells or intercom.
4. The lights in the corridors hardly worked or were constantly blinking.
5. No toilets apart from those in the rooms. So if you are at reception or the restaurant and need to pee, you need to climb up all the staircases again.
6. No secure space for storing luggage if you need to keep your luggage there before check-in or after check-out.
7. Above all, we booked much better rooms with much better deals in other places in Switzerland, for a price lower than what e paid here.

Think ten times before booking a room here.

Stayed: October 2016
1  Thank abc131
Reviewed 2 October 2016 via mobile

We stayed here as part of our topdeck tour and yuck what the hell was on my sheets and towels, and why was there a cup of cooked noodles in my friends room. Do you guys not clean the hotel? I get that its supposed to be 'jail themed' but thats just repulsing. Never again.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends