See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 26 June 2018

The hotel was the cheapest that we could find in the location that we wanted to be in, that is, the old town. The location is excellent, very close to the river and the railway station and everything is within walking distance.

There are no amenities in the room and have to contact the reception even for a electric kettle. The reception is in the sister hotel (Hotel Baslertor) on the opposite side which caters to both the properties.

Bear in mind that the property itself doesnt offer any parking and the closest parking is about 100 meters but restricted to vehicles less than 2 Mts. Just about ok for a nights sleep but probably be better off else where.

Room Tip: The Rosli Pension hotel doesnot have a lift so bear in mind that handicapped or speciall abled will find it difficult to get access.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 June 2018

Just needed a place to rest my head for the night - it is the 2 star Annex to a 3 star Hotel up the road. After having to get some rude guests waiting for taxis to move their bags so could get through the single door entrance, I lugged my bag up the stairs. I got the "bargain Website Special" aka as the worst room in the house - my window looked straight out to the balcony used (presumably) by dorm type room with a direct view into their toilets. So bloody hot as there are fans only, but wasnt possible to leave the window open, given the direct Access afforded to those in the cheaper accomodation.

Greeting was not exactly friendly on check in and I had to ask for every single thing - may I use the pool at the 3 star Hotel (hardly worth it, is a bath tub), what is WIFI Password, may I get a travel ticket you offered to everyone before me. And I speak the local language!! Last thing I asked was whether I could check out late next morning to allow a hike and was granted permission to stay till 11.30. Was too wet for the hike, so went to a gym instead with most of my possessions in my overnight bag, came back at exactly 10.05 (ie 5 minutes past official checkout and 1 hr 25 minutes before the extra time granted) only to find my room cleaned out with my remaining possessions stuffed into a plastic bag on the public landing. My politely expressed ire was not well handled by the offending housekeeping staff, and Reception was apologetic but hardly concilitory.

Needless to say, I will not be staying here again.

Room Tip: Not 613 - it is a complete shocker. Stay at main Hotel.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank TheConstantEater
Reviewed 3 June 2018 via mobile

The Pension hotel was the cheapest I could find at a last minute.
What a surprise rooms are large, a little dated
Room was clean air condition in rooms
Comfortable beds
Swimming pool

If you are looking for a nice hotel, located very close to the centre of town I recommend Pension hotel.
I will be staying again.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 June 2018

Booked the place because of its location, which is, to be fair, really close to the train station.
However, the stay itself was pretty bad. On the first night, we realised that the shower's drain was clogged. Not wanting to be unreasonable, we called the reception the next morning to ask if anything could be done about it. The man over the phone was disinterested and flippant about my concerns, simply telling me that his 'colleague will look at it'.
And I suppose that's exactly what his colleague did, just LOOK at it as there was simply no improvement whatsoever. We were not offered another room to stay in nor was the shower unclogged. Have you ever showered with water up to your ankles? It was terribly disgusting and something that no one should experience with the amount of money you are paying for the hotel. We were there for about 3 nights and with each passing day, I just got more disappointed when there was no change because they don't care.
Not only that, the toilet bowl was dirty and the sink didn't have a trap. I dropped my bottle cap in and had to fish it out. But it was black with grime, so I had to throw it away.
Additionally, there is no lift, so be prepared to climb with your heavy luggages. There isn't a kettle either. If you want one, that would be an extra 5 chf charge.
Honestly, I have never been to a worse hotel than this. Maybe if I didn't pay that much and if it paraded itself as the 1 star hotel it should be, then I would not have been so disappointed.
At the end of the trip, whilst checking out, I mentioned my horrid experience to the receptionist. A different one from the one that picked up the phone. She apologised and said that she will make sure someone looks into it. I didn't bother believing her either.
Save your money for something else and go to another hotel. This one isn't worth it. Or you could go and just wait for the apology at the end because you ain't getting anything else.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 April 2018

The location is good, I think this is the reason most visitor choose this place.
The room is clean, bed comfortable, and for US90 nett, it is not a bad deal.
Check in is 4 pm; The water in the room is $5 a bottle, borrow the kettle cost you $5 more, No breakfasts provided. No TV, Wifi is fair and free.
Friendiness from staffs also not included.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple