All reviewsnoodle souptrain stationnice hotelold townwithin walking distancefacing the streetchapel bridgetable fanbathroom lightthe rivermain buildingquiet areahot waterbreakfast spreadreception staffspacious roomyogurt
Reviewed 23 September 2017 via mobile

We were here on September 5-6, you will have to best place to stay.

a. People here are very friendly, unbelievably friendly. In my entire stay in Europe for 16-17 days, Switzerland and this hotel was the best.
b. Breakfast was awesome.
c. Spacious room, lift was pretty small.
d. The people who sit at the reception were awesome, they helped us with tickets and pass for 2 days and also discount coupons for all the tickets we book. We got a solid discount for travelling to Engelberg. They also helped with exchanges for the cash we had. Every effort is much appreciated.
e. Will upload the photos of the room. You can see them, very spacious again.

Switzerland, lot of them helped us in out very short trip. Won’t forget this place and even I come next time to Lucerne, I will be at this place.

This place is walkable around 800m from the railway station. And public transport is easily accessible to go anywhere.

Great time. Amazing experience

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank JagadeeshV11
ThomasHostettler, Manager at Drei Konige Hotel Lucerne, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2017

Dear Jagadeesh V
Thank you so much for review we received from you. I am glad you enjoyed your holidays in Europe and also at our place. It was our pleasure to accommodate you in our hotel and to feel at home. I will forward you comment about the reception and the staff in general forward.
I saw the pictures quit a lot you have uploaded. I hope you arrived safely back home and have still good memories from your holidays in Europe.

Best regards from Lucerne and hope to welcome you soon again.

Reviewed 8 September 2017

Friendly and helpful reception staff; a comfortable, large room, spotlessly clean; lots of choice at breakfast. My only query was about the lack of tea/coffee making facilities in the room, so I asked the manager about this (why doesn't everyone talk to the staff if they have a complaint)? He explained that the Drei Konige is a family run hotel (he is fourth generation) and he only took over last year. His parents did much to improve the hotel, but he knows that there is more to do. Once the busy summer season is over, he's going to make a start by putting a hot drink dispenser in Reception, and I'm sure that in time he will be able to provide every room with hot drink facilities. We stayed three nights, and would definitely recommend the hotel.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank IanLucas1000
ThomasHostettler, Manager at Drei Konige Hotel Lucerne, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2017

Dear IanLucas1000
Thank you for your feedback and your writing about our hotel. I can remember when you check out and we have had a little chat. You explained everything like I explained you! I am looking forward to welcome you maybe in the future again in our hotel and show you the improvements we have made.

I hope you arrived safely and I send best regards to you.

Reviewed 5 September 2017

We stayed at this nice hotel in central Lucerne for one night,and enjoyed it immensely.The room was large and clean,and we had a very nice breakfast the next morning. The hotel seemed to be a bit out of town,but it was only a 20 minute walk into the bustling and busy city,packed with tourists.It was a pleasure to just wander around and see the many delights of Lucerne and it's very large lake.

Room Tip: Our room looked into the Main Street and had a balcony
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
ThomasHostettler, Manager at Drei Konige Hotel Lucerne, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2017

Good Day Richard S
Thank you for your review and your experience with us and the town Lucerne. I hope you arrived safely back home and have still good memories from your trip.
We are looking forward to welcome you soon again in our hotel.
Sunny regards from Lucerne

Reviewed 2 September 2017 via mobile

I recently stayed with my husband and our 22 month old daughter in a double room. The woman working the front desk was extremely friendly and helpful (probably one of the friendliest people we came across in Switzerland!). Our room was on a higher floor (4 I think?) and had a balcony which was a nice surprise. Although the decor was slightly dated, the room was extremely clean and spacious. It was very hot outside when we stayed and there is no a/c in the hotel, but the fan provided was adequate and we were comfortable at night. The breakfast is included and had a good selection of cereal, breads, fruit, yogurt, scrambled eggs, sausages, cheese and more.

The location is in a quiet area but just a few minutes walk to the chapel bridge and the water. I was also very impressed that we did not hear any noise within the hotel during our entire stay, so the rooms must be well insulated.

Overall I was very impressed with this hotel and would definitely stay here again if I am ever back in Lucerne!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank blbz08

Hello blbz08
It was our pleasure to have you in our hotel and I would like to thank you for your review. We have some balconies and we take notice off this wish if pre communicated with us. As our building was build 1909 the Suisse law forbids us to change anything with the wall. Therefore it is quite tricky to install an a/c. On the other hand we have only 4 - 6 weeks very hot weather. I personally recommend opening the windows during the night.
Thank you for highlighting our breakfast and staff team. I hope you arrived well back home and maybe we can welcome your family once again in our hotel.
Best regards

Reviewed 25 August 2017

Visited between 17th Aug to 19th Aug
Hotel is just a good stay option with no luxury and not even close to luxury.
Rated 3 star across Lucerne.
Provides basic amenities and average breakfast.
Close to Chapel Bridge and Two Towers that can be a good evening walk.
Two super markets are close by.
2 nights stay looked little extra. Except for Mt.Titlis nothing much to see around.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear nirajsingh30
For your time to share your experience with us me and my team would like to thank you. Have you aked at the reception for hidden gems to visit? We can give you some more inputs what to do near to Lucerne.
I hope you have had a good trip to Mt. Titlis and have still good memories from it.
Sunny regards from Lucerne