“Great location, very nice service”
Review of Palace Luzern

Palace Luzern
Ranked #2 of 67 Hotels in Lucerne
Reviewed 9 April 2012

My wife and I booked a single night for a two day trip to Luzern. The casino parking next door is normal Swiss prices, 28chfs for 24 hours - right next to the hotel so convenient to arrive. The hotel is right on the lake, with the main promenade just in front of the hotel. The location is directly between the kapel bridge and the transport museum, so easy to walk every where. The hotel itself is very beautiful, clean and very quiet. We had a basic room, on the "mountain" side so no view of the lake, but still a nice room. Relatively small, and a slightly awkward slant to the roof on the 6th floor, but OK for our height. Any taller it would be a pain. The spa was nice, but we had planned to spend our time together, but during the week the spa is split for men and women. Seems that only on weekends they have a unisex section of the spa open. The rooms were quiet, clean and very comfortable for sleeping. The bathroom spacious and nice. Overall not a huge room, but we did take the cheapest room option. We did not try the hotel restaurant, as it looked quiet expensive, although a very appetising looking menu. We ate just along at the next big hotel at the Thai Lotus for dinner, and the Italian restaurant in that same hotel for lunch. Also had a coffee and strudel at the café in the same hotel, all very nice food. Overall would recommend for a nice hotel, average price/value ratio and a very good location to access all main sites in town by foot. It's a bit far to walk from the train, but it seems that they have a car available that could pick you up - we did not use this service.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
PalaceLuzern, Sales & Marketing Coordinator at Palace Luzern, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2012

Dear valued guest

Thank you very much for staying with us and for taking your time to write your review. it is great to read you enjoyed your stay at the PALACE as well as in the city itself. Our SPA is indeed split into separate sections for men and women. On weekends the men's sections turns into a mixed section. Maybe you get to enjoy a stay in our Private SPA on your next stay at the PALACE - it's a marvelous experience.

We all wish you fantastic summer and hope to welcome you again soon.

Kindest regards,

Sonia Grosso
Sales & Marketing Coordinator

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Palace Luzern

Reviewed 23 March 2012

If you're looking for sanctuary among the alps, this is the place. Looking out each morning over that lake to those snow covered mountains and enjoying the fine breakfast each day by the lake, I knew I'd made the right choice. Put this one in the category of "how to have a good holiday ( US 'vacation')." Staff could hardly have been more helpful and genuinely enthusiastic. My dad and I felt as if we were in our family home after the first few hours and the greetings of welcome on our every return only strengthened this. There were glitches, but who cares when these only show the lengths to which the staff will go to convince you of their commitment to you enjoyment of the stay. Jasper restaurant was fabulous and young maitre d'hotel (a Berliner) was superb. Memorable meal (and I live in Paris!), but typically Swiss (i.e. on the pricey side).

To the team: You convinced us! I'll be back again in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: Do not countenance anything but a full lake view if you have the choice. You will find Bliss on Lake...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank ozglobal

Dear valued guest

Thank you very much for choosing the PALACE Luzern and for taking your time to write this great review. The entire PALACE team is thrilled to know you enjoyed every single day during your stay with us. We are all looking forward to welcoming you again. There is still so much to see and experience in this beautiful city. Please do not hesitate to contact us should you plan to come back, we would love to be of assistance.

Warmest regards from Lucerne

Sonia Grosso
Sales & Marketing Coordinator

Reviewed 16 January 2012

My husband and I stayed here as our business meeting in Zurich was cancelled so asked American Express for recommendations for a SPA hotel. The hotel is beautiful, set directly on the lake with views of the alps. Service was friendly and helpful. Room was wonderfully large with a small balcony overlooking the lake. the room had wardrobe area and very large room divided into a sitting area with armchairs, sofa and writing desk, then the bed area. I liked it all being open as it made the room so large.Bed comfortable with great linens. Decor spot-on! Free WiFi.

SPA treatment was good, we booked the couples room where you get your own private pool, Saunas etc.

I cannot find a fault with hotel and also with the city of Luzern, it is a beautiful, friendly and interesting place that we will definitely return to. Cannot recommend higher.

Room Tip: Book with Amex to get free upgrade and gift.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
PalaceLuzern, Director of Sales at Palace Luzern, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2012

Dear BelGal

Thank you very much for staying with us and for your comment. It was a pleasure to have you as our guest. It is great to hear that you loved our hotel and our service. And we all agree with you, Lucerne is a beautiful place to visit.
Please let us know, if you plan to come back. There are many more things to do and to see in Lucerne. The Palace Team will be of assistance if you have any questions.

With best regards from Switzerland to the Olympic city of 2012

Malte Budde
Director of Sales

Reviewed 12 January 2012

I was at the Palace Hotel in Luzern Switzerland between X-mass and new years. I was a little nervous traveling by myself but as soon as I got to the Palace I knew I was home. The food was excellent. If it was not on the menu they would make it for you. Kind, considerate, outgoing friendly, attentive staff. Spa was terrific. Great list of services. I went 4 x in 7 days. Looking forward to it again. The staff took FANTASTIC care of me and made sure that I had everything I needed and more. I was well attended to, looked after, I never knew they were there. I think of them as guardian angels or magical fairies that just attended to everything while not disturbing you. I had a bad cold the first few days and the staff checked on me and made me very comfortable. The Palace is the center for all activity. I plan on spending 10 days there this summer. Can't wait to get back!!! If you plan on going to Switzerland you should go to Luzern and stay at the Palace. You will kick yourself if you do not.

Room Tip: Get a room with a lake view or partial lake view. You can't stop looking at the lake, it's...
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank WiltonCT

Dear valued guest

What a great review! Thank you very much for staying with us during x-mas and New Year. It is a pleasure to hear that you loved our service. We will inform all our staff about your comment and the whole Palace Team is looking forward to welcoming you again in Lucerne. Please contact my team or me at any time, if we can be of assistance.

It is our goal to create a "Home away from Home" and it is great to hear that you felt at home in the Palace.

All the best

Malte Budde
Director of Sales

Reviewed 30 December 2011

Staying overnigth while traveling to our wintersports vacation we experienced the most warm welcome in The Palace Hotel in Luzern.
Great rooms, excelent staff and great food made this stop over a feast, and we did not want to leave the next morning.
If travelling through Switzerland, this hotel is a must.
We will be back.

Room Tip: Take a room with lake view, costs more but worth the extra money
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family