1,072 results
All reviews mexican restaurant great location train station old town marriott points chapel bridge front desk staff two blocks first floor small lobby deluxe room small hotel street parking side street walk in shower would definitely stay here again nespresso machine
Reviewed 13 October 2017 via mobile

I’m writing this while in the hotel bed at 10:30 pm trying to go to sleep before an early flight back to the USA in the morning. Our room, though decent sized and clean, apparently shares a wall with the club next door, so we can clearly hear every song that is being played. I’ve tried calling the front desk, but after 10 minutes on hold being told to “please hold the line” by the bilingual recorded lady, I’ve given up.

It’s unfortunate, as the hotel is in a good location and the room itself is fine. If it weren’t for the dance party in our room and the currently nonexistent front desk staff it’d be a 5/5 rating. As it is I’ll have to hope for a few hours of sleep tonight at some point. Don’t risk it and book another hotel. Stay away.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
RenaissanceLucerne, Front Office Manager at Renaissance Lucerne Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2017

Dear blakeyj08

I would like to start by thanking you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay at the Renaissance Lucerne on TripAdvisor. It is with sincere regret that we note your dissatisfaction with our service and facilities.

Your feedback is very important to us as it shows when we have failed. I apologize for any inconvenience and confirm to have taken the appropriate measurements with my team to ensure improvement.

On behalf of the hotel team, once again we wish to thank you for your continuous support and hope that the unpleasant incident will not in any way prevent you from availing yourself of our services in the future.

Kind regards from Lucerne

Andreas Stoll

Reviewed 12 October 2017

I highly anticipated staying at this hotel, as I love Switzerland and am loyal to Marriott properties. However, I was disappointed. It started with the check in, I wasn't recognized as a Platinum Elite member. The room was ok, but there was no amenities beyond cheap shampoo. No bottled water, nothing. Breakfast was nice and the service staff was very friendly. That changed at night, when having dinner in the same restaurant. The wait staff was overworked and stoic. Also, even though the restaurant is listed as part of the hotel, you are not allowed to charge your meals to your hotel room. I was rudely told this by the waiter when I tried to pay for my meal. Fortunately I brought another form of payment to dinner with me. Parking is also horrible - I was informed there was no hotel parking available, that it was all reserved. I was left to park on the street, or find a parking garage. The streets are crowded at night, and somehow I ended up with a dent in my rental car after parking along the street one night. The location of this hotel is good, and they have some nice small chocolates available at the front desk. But it felt like I was staying at a no-name hotel.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
RenaissanceLucerne, Front Office Manager at Renaissance Lucerne Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2017

Dear guest

I would like to start by thanking you for choosing our hotel as your accommodation choice during your recent visit to Lucerne.

I am sorry to hear that you were not recognized as one of our valued Platinum Elite Members upon check in. As I do not have more information about your reservation, I am unfortunately not able to comprehend how this could have happened.

Please accept as well my apology for your dinner experience, the restaurant you mentioned is during the day and evening under a third party management and is not related to Marriott. For that reason you were not able to room charge your meal. Please rest assured that I have informed the concerned management party about this case and that they will introduce extra training for everyone involved in that matter.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed our breakfast selection and the service of our breakfast ambassadors. Concerning the parking situation, as we are a small city hotel, we have unfortunately indeed only a limited amount of parking spaces in the hotel available. If these spaces are filled, there is either a parking garage of the Lucerne Kantonalbank, which is just across the street from us or our guest can get a reduced parking pass to use the public street parking for 24 hours. I am sorry to hear that you had a bad experience with the second option.

On behalf of the whole hotel team, once again we wish to thank you for your continuous support and hope that you give us the opportunity of welcoming you again.

Kind regards from Lucerne

Andreas Stoll

Reviewed 10 October 2017

Very good hotel with excellent staff. Staff are very cooperative and knows city well to guide places to visit etc. Loved the rooms, which are clean neat and comfortable. For sure stay here during next visit. Staff thanks for your assistance.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
RenaissanceLucerne, Director of Operations at Renaissance Lucerne Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2017

Dear Guest

It was a pleasure for us to have you as our guest at the Renaissance Lucerne Hotel. Your comments are very important to us and we thank you for having written this review.

It is a pleasure for us to read that you felt comfortable in our city center hotel and enjoyed the perfect balance of elegant luxury, classic style, and our professional guest service.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Renaissance Lucerne Hotel soon again. In the meantime we wish you the very best.

Reviewed 9 October 2017

Stayed three nights recently, first time in Switzerland. We are very loyal Marriott members so picked this one. About as good a location you can get, close to everything. Front desk service was very cool, I am used to more friendly people at Marriott. Maybe it is the Swiss way. The hotel felt small everywhere - room had just enough room to move around the bed, lobby is tiny, the halls were narrow. The first floor lounge was a very nice addition that helped with this. Excellent service at breakfast. Overall all good choice.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank longtimeresident

Dear Guest

We thank you very much for your wonderful review with which you have evaluated your stay at the Renaissance Lucerne Hotel. Your comments on TripAdvisor are very important to us and we believe other travelers will also enjoy reading your kind words.

It is a pleasure for us to read that you felt comfortable in our city center hotel and that you enjoyed your stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back at the Renaissance Lucerne Hotel soon again and thank you for your praise and for your recommendation.

Best regards from Lucerne

Reviewed 8 October 2017

Stayed here for two nights on a short vacation to Switzerland. The room was well-appointed, comfortable and spacious and quiet even though it overlooked the main shopping street. The room has a Nespresso machine which is very nice, but even better is the first floor lounge with a coffee machine with many options and even a heated mug rack, all included. Our only complaint was the shower set-up which is one of those open stalls and we ended up getting water all over the place. Good pressure though! The fitness center is pretty typical for a hotel but on the small side. The hotel is a short--less than five minute walk from the main train station and we were able to catch a train directly back to Zurich airport for our flight. So easy. The historic part of town is maybe 7 minutes away so also very convenient. We took a tour up Mt. Pilatus which I would recommend on a clear day although it was very windy at the top but there are sheltered viewing areas. There was a wonderful outdoor market on Saturday morning along the river and in the historic area. Overall I would recommend the Renaissance. The staff were helpful and friendly. The location was excellent and the room was comfortable. One note, we did have a few steps up to the hallway that led to our room so if steps are an issue you may want to mention that.

Room Tip: We had a corner room which was large, but there were two or three steps to get to the hallway,
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest

It is a pleasure for us to read that you felt comfortable in our city center hotel and enjoyed the perfect balance of elegant luxury, classic style, and of course, high performance, like in BMW.