“Look before you leap...”

Residence Studio Geneve Centre
Ranked #14 of 21 Geneva B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersBronze level
A TripAdvisor Member
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 20 December 2011

I booked this hotel as I thought it was part of a special offer...everything about the room/hotel is basic. Due to the night time activities ??//?? going on until the early hours I did not feel comfortable entering and leaving the hotel at any time.
Only in Geneva could one be charged this amount for such poor accommodation; i will research my hotel bookings a little bit more carefully in future.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Residence Studio Geneve Centre

Reviewed 30 July 2011

Be warned - this place is at the intersection of two of Geneva's liveliest streets, with numerous restautants, bars, kebab shops and, yes, prostitutes right downstairs. I stayed there in the summer, there is no air conditioning, and anyway, even when i shut all the windows I still heard much more from the street than I would have liked to.

Another inconvenience is that the building itself has no hotel facilities, you have to go to the Novotel around the corner to check in and to have your meals. Speaking of meals, although the rooms have a kitchenette, you have to pay 100 francs extra per stay if you want to use it, which is absolutely not worth it.

So all in all I would only recommend this place in emergencies!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank DzejDzej
Reviewed 22 May 2011

I stayed here for four nights for a work event in Geneva. This was the only 'hotel' we could find in Geneva for under 1000 francs per night during the time period. I think our sponsor paid about 150 CHF, certainly not a good deal for this place, although I'm not sure any price would make it a good deal! haha.

As mentioned, you must check in around the corner at the Novotel hotel, where even they raise their eyebrows when you mention you are staying at the residence. The door to the residence is flanked by the employees from the Novotel on smoke break and prostitutes on the corner.

The room reminded me of a large dorm room at university. Relatively clean, basic and cement. There is free wifi which was very good. I was quite happy that it was just me there - I would not want to bring my family to this place.

Although you are in the 'red light district' of Geneva, it is hardly rough compared to other cities in the world. I never felt unsafe, although it certainly was loud! Most nights, and I wasn't there for a weekend, the noise went until about 4 in the morning. You will want to be on a high floor for sure.

Please see attached photo for a picture of my room and the view outside. I was on the fifth floor, there is only one tiny elevator that did get stuck one day that I was there and I quit taking it after that!

All in all, a survivable experience if you are really stuck for a place. Was ok for me since I wasn't paying out of pocket and was not in my room too often.

Room Tip: Make sure you are on a high floor!
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank MUhrblock
Reviewed 28 June 2010

This hotel is on my list of worse places ever.. One night was enough, two nights would be suicide!

Where was the kitchenette they promised? And what was that smell? A dead rat?
The TV was great, at least the one channel i could watch without snow.
The matrass was heavily used and I wonder how long ago they changed the blankets..
The street is the prostitue/drug street with noisy guys walking around shouting insults at 4 o clock in the morning. Ok i could have closed my window, but the airco was broke, and the room was terribly hot..

If you look 70's design, this place is great (don't mind the hairs in the bath though)

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 May 2010

Small, run down, very noisy from street and other rooms, strong smell in room ... a nightmare.