All reviews the red light district train station interesting location parking garage street noise buffet breakfast old town nice breakfast charming hotel very pleasant stay mini bar expensive city lake receptionist kettle buses swiss
Reviewed 13 August 2018 via mobile

Although you are on the edge of the red light area, don’t be put off from staying here. It was excellent in terms of location, the breakfast was good and it was v clean. I would not hesitate to book again, great value for money in a very expensive city.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank Sharon C
Reviewed 3 July 2018 via mobile

The staff here are VERY friendly and helpful. The location is great because it's a 5 min walk from the train station. There's a big grocery story close as well. It's close to the water. Very walkable. We didn't see any "ladies of the night" or hear any outside noise when we stayed here, but we're prepared for it based on other reviews, so that was a pleasant surprise. The wifi, I just used to check email and video call home and it worked just fine. The room was very tidy and clean, and write spacious for a European hotel, had plenty of space. The continental breakfast was fantastic. to me it seems more like a continental breakfast as there are lots of options.
Overall,a very pleasant stay.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 June 2018

The Admiral hotel is a nice small hotel situated in the red light district. Personally we didn't mind the location too much as we haven't had any troubles and if you take the left when you leave the hotel you don't have to go through the district. On the bright side, from the hotel you can easily walk to the station and to the lake in a few minutes.

The room was quite basic but it had all the essentials, including air con, hair dryer, safe and mini bar. Despite being on the first floor, it wasn't noisy at all during the night.
The breakfast was quite basic too but it had a good mix of sweet and savoury with a self-service buffet.
The staff were helpful and friendly and the whole check-in/check-out process was smooth (you will be asked to pay the city tax and a deposit on check-in).
Considering how expensive Geneva is, I think this hotel was good value overall.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 May 2018

This hotel is cheap and cheerful and a great location.If you go right out of the hotel you will come across the red light district.Girls on corners and slightly run down .At no point did we feel unsafe

Room Tip: Ask for 1 at the back if available. Continental breakfast is great
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 May 2018 via mobile

Although I had booked a double room just for myself (indicating two persons to ensure they did not squeeze me into a smaller room) that was precisely what happened. Having paid extra, I was aghast that my bed was just a double futon with no bedhead. This might explain why I had to wait till 3pm to be checked in - so they can swap the beds. My room was very simple (51) and nothing like the pictures here. The receptionist had told me only the single rooms faced the back and were quieter. Room51 faced the back.
Location is on the edge of the red light district and although I was not bothered, it was a mistake because one comes to Geneva to relax, not to be next to grime.
Breakfast was good though lacking in variety.
Would recommend paying more and staying in better premises. This place was not value for my money.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo