“Bad very Bad”
Review of Hotel Churchill

Hotel Churchill
Ranked #95 of 106 Hotels in Geneva
Reviewed 18 June 2010

This was once maybe A 2star hotel. Now it is A very old sad place. the rooms are dark(for A reason) sad very old the bed has 21 springs left. I know because it left marks on both of us. It was not in A nice part of any place. The people were nice. They had to sell very sad rooms to people over and over.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 27 January 2010

I HAD to book a room here because all of the hotels in Geneva were fully booked (there was some watch exhibition).
1) This hotel is really bad - the carpets are really old, sticky and stained.
2) The hotel is very noisy, you can hear all the guests in the surrounding rooms as they walk around in their room.
3) The breakfast is a joke
4) The rate was ridiculous - I think I was paying around 580 swiss francs, which is highway robbery in my opinion given that the hotel is so crap!
5) The only decent thing is the location

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 September 2009

Just got back from Geneva, where we stayed in Hotel Churchill for one night. After I read the reviews here I was bracing myself for the worst. But as it was a late booking, most hotels were 4 times the price, so that, together with the great location won me over. What we found was an acceptable hotel, it is not 4*, it was not renovated for 20 years at least. But the room was clean, room size was adequate (our room was 101, and I could see from the fire exit plan that half of the rooms are smaller) Breakfast was poor- yoghurt, cereals and cheese. Although croissants were very nice, and together with coffee they sorted us just fine. Cafe Camille down the road was a good option for lunch. I would not reccommend this hotel to pamper yourself, but it is fine if you are in Geneva to explore the town and need a hotel room just to change and to sleep.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 May 2009

The awarding of 4 stars to this hotel is rather dubious to say the least and I get the feeling it's self rewarded. This 'hotel' is more like a bad 70's style bed & breakfast with peeling paint and sticky carpets. The room was dank and depressing. There was no phone. The air conditioning was turned off which made sleep an impossibility such was the humidity. The safe in the room had been permanently locked and could not be opened so I had no where to put my valuables. There was a blanket on the bed which looked like it would crawl off...I slept under a sheet to be sure. One english speaking news channel. The breakfast was ok - the usual continental fare. The staff were the worst I have come across - had little interest in making my stay a comfortable one - all picture no sound. I had to say here because every other hotel was booked out and therefore was charged a ridiculous amount of money. Run! run like you've never run before...

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank Conor98
Reviewed 23 November 2008

Stayed here on a business trip just before the Euro 2008 championships were held in Geneva and I've got to be frank - how this hotel was ever given 4-Stars is beyond me...

Maybe the rest of the hotel rooms are lovely and I just got put in the dark, dank servant quarters or something, but the finish of the room and the peeling paint work did not endear me to my first overnight stay in Geneva and despite the hotel staff being OK I certainly wouldn't recommend even my worst enemy to stay here, especially considering how much it cost...

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Charlosa