All reviewswoods restaurantunited nationsambassador memberminute bus ridecity centrered cross museumnumber busfree bus passbusiness centerroom upgradelake genevapublic areasbreakfast was excellentlake viewbusiness tripfive star hotelclose to the airport
Reviewed 31 March 2015

I had been most impressed when I stayed at the Intercontinental Geneva for a conference at the hotel a few years ago, so when my partner and I visited Switzerland on holiday, we splurged so I could show her this wonderful hotel. The staff and facilities did not disappoint, and in fact when I mentioned my previous delight at staying here, they went above and beyond the call of duty to make sure that my partner and I were happy with our stay.

We stayed over the weekend, and the hotel was quiet, but the staff quickly recognised us and went right out of their way to be helpful at all times. Our room was on one of the higher floors with a great view over the United Nations and the Lake of Geneva.

The hotel is located close to the United Nations buildings and to the Red Cross Museum and headquarters. It is an easy walk to visit both places. In addition the hotel provides a local travel pass for the time of your visit, and we had the choice of travelling by bus into the city from a bus stop immediately across from the hotel, or having a short walk (150 metres) and then travelling by tram into the city centre. (our preference)

While this is primarily a business hotel, if you have the opportunity to stay there however briefly as a tourist, you will enjoy this quality experience. We have no hesitation in recommending it and in staying here again.

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled as a couple
InterContinentalGVA, Manager at Hotel InterContinental Geneve, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2015

JURGEN BAUMHOFF
GENERAL MANAGER

Reviewed 28 March 2015

An expensive luxurious Swiss Hotel. Can't know the luxury so I will concentrate on practical matters & my personal priorities that may or may not apply to you. The previous year my stay coincided with that of Ronaldo so the place with swarming with heavies protecting the great eminance. I was there on both occasions for a conference located in the hotel. Apart from it being close to the UN & a few other international organisations it is kind of in the middle of nowhere in particular. Takes about 10-15 minutes to walk to a few not particularly inspiring restaurants. If you are coming from the airport or central railway station don't bother with an expensive cab. There are bus stops right outside. The conference rate was £249 per night which is a highly reduced rate but at the high end for my normal business travel. Plus with the rate being special I did not earn any IHG rewards points (Intercontinental is part of this group) despite my "loyalty" to the brand. Felt cheated. Definitely would find more economical accommodation next time around. Interestingly the 2015 conference is being held in Berlin. We are voting with our feet!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
InterContinentalGVA, Manager at Hotel InterContinental Geneve, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2015

Thank you for your candid review. We apologize that your recent stay did not meet expectations. We appreciate your comments and will share these with our team so that we can continue to improve our services. We do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future, so that we can provide a better experience.

Reviewed 27 March 2015

I was in Geneva last week for an important client meeting and stayed at this hotel for two nights. Suffering from jet lag, which kept me awake both nights, I was probably in a haze as I left for the airport last Friday morning. When I got out of the taxi at the airport, I realized I left my very valuable (in many ways) diamond engagement ring in the room. A rookie mistake for someone who travels a lot and has a system down when traveling - it must have been the jet lag! I rang the hotel and the concierge very calmly and reassuringly assisted me. Within 15 mins, they sent the ring to the airport along with my entire jewelry pouch and makeup bag. Definitely jet lag!! I am ever so grateful to the Concierge for moving quickly and dependably!! It was my first time in Switzerland and I left with a warm feeling towards the Swiss. Thank you very much!

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled on business

Reviewed 25 March 2015

This hotel is perfect for meetings in the international quarter of Geneva but won't recommend it if you want to soak up the atmosphere of old Geneva. Staff are fantastic, meeting rooms good, great quality food including function food and good rooms. My only gripe is no fresh milk. While the Swiss have a strange preference for UHT milk I would have thought fresh milk would have been available on request at an international hotel but it wasn't. Thank goodness for the supermarket tucked away behind the hotel.

Stayed: March 2015, travelled on business

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. It's something our Staff takes great pride in, so we value your feedback. We hope you will visit us again.

Reviewed 25 March 2015

Stayed here on a whistle stop tour of the Alps. This hotel is a little way out of the city but has a bus stop right outside that takes you to Bel Air where everything you want is a small walk away. If you stay at any hotel you get a free transport pass to use which saves on driving and parking. Stayed in room 1027 which has views over the lake and is nice and roomy. Geneve is expensive car parking was 36chf (discounted for hotel stay). Used the bar drinks were well made and tasted as they should we had a Moscow Mule and French 75, staff were good and replenished nuts and olives. Reception staff very friendly and took the time to explain things to us.

Stayed: March 2015, travelled as a couple