See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 24 April 2016

Due to air traffic strikes in France I had to rearrange my travel which resulted in my having to book a last minute overnight stay in Geneva. The reviews I saw for Hotel Phoenix did leave me in doubt as to making the booking but as I needed to be near to the airport I took my chances. I was so glad I did as firstly the hotel was only a short bus ride from Geneva Airport and easy to find. On arrival a young man came down from the first floor reception and took my suitcase up the stairs for me, booking in in was fast and painless. I had booked for a single room and was amazed to find my room was a large double. This was by the main staircase which did give some doubts as I thought I would hear all the comings and goings.
The room was spotlessly clean and well furnished with a small sofa, flat screen TV, mini bar etc. The bathroom was clean although did have some minor repairs needed.
I decided in the morning I would have a small breakfast before leaving and once again there was a young man on reception who was very pleasant.
On checking out I paid for my breakfast and was charged less than the advertised price. The young man then offered me a lift to the airport courtesy of the hotel and even apologised that he could not drop me at arrivals where I was meeting my husband and had to drop me at the departures. All this from a budget hotel!!! The young gentlemen I encountered on reception where a credit and I would not hesitate to stay here again or make a recommendation to anyone who had to stay in the area.

Room Tip: My room was next to the stairs and fronted the main road but there was no noise.
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled solo
2  Thank Cal1258
Reviewed 25 January 2016 via mobile

I stayed here for three nights and had a very pleasant experience. The hotel is walking distance from the airport (minus luggage) and a few metres away from a main bus route, providing for easy (and free) public transport to the city. The staff are exceptionally friendly and helpful, and the rooms are clean and neat. I would recommend this to anyone wanting semi-affordable accommodation in the astronomically expensive city of Geneva.

Stayed: November 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank RMShay
Reviewed 8 December 2015

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 December 2015

This hotel has great personnel at the reception and that is the only thing that kept me there in addition to my tight schedule that did not allow me to change. I have never seen a hotel with so mediocre maintenance than this one, not even in developing countries . I paid around 90-100$/ night for 6 days and they gave me a room with extremely old stained carpet, and the bathroom shared with 4 other rooms ( almost feels like a hostel). Even though you can see that the cleaning lady has done her part of the job, the bathroom is disgusting with black mold and falling painting allover. It has no isolation between rooms - the walls like cartons: I could hear all what the next guests could tell and the TV program they are watching . I still cannot believe the Swiss inspection of hotels how did they allow this hotel to continue working with these condition - It is client money ripping
is close to the airport with threes stops

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled on business