“Superb Location”

Ranked #58 of 105 Hotels in Geneva
Guam, Mariana Islands
“Superb Location”
Reviewed 12 April 2012

We stayed here for just one night. We were headed into the mountains the next day to go skiing and this location truly fit our needs. We wanted to enjoy Geneva for 24 hours but needed something close to the train station. We had 3 backpacks and 2 large luggages and it was perfect in proximity from the train station. We arrived early and our room was ready so they let us check in early! Dropped our bags off in our room and hit the town to explore. The hotel gave us 2 day passes to use the public transportation for FREE! We hopped on and off the trains and really enjoyed the city. Ate lots of yummy food and there was a great little Fondue place right around the corner. We ate, drank and walked right back to the hotel in less than 5 minutes. Perfect location and the breakfast was really nice as well! A fold out bed for our son in a cozy room! Even though it is right next to the train station you don't hear a thing, unless you open up the window for some fresh air!

Room Tip: We stayed in room 306....
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank gibsonchop
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
Reviewed 19 February 2012

I chose this hotel and stayed for 5 nights, as it was suggested by my colleagues who wanted to stay here for the second time. The room was tiny, but clean and cozy. The breakfast was good enough to enjoy maybe for 3 days, and then I got tired a bit but I liked it. The hotel is right in front of the main station. Nice walk to the Lake Léman. An antique clock at the reception was not working, and I found it funny as I expected a Swiss clock would work perfectly everywhere. Very good for business trips (can jump on buses and trams from the hotel), and I will probably stay again.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 January 2012

The hotel is practically next to the main station, but you do not get any disturbances from the trains. We had 2 standard rooms and a family room. The family room is big, with an additional single bed. The standard rooms are typically-sized and had bathtub in the toilet. Rooms are clean but the carpet and furniture could do some revamping though. Breakfast is included in the room price, and has a satisfactory spread. WIFI is included in the room price.

Reception is friendly and helpful enough, although they could be a bit more generous with the tourist maps (they gave me one, and I asked for one with the transportation map then they gave me another one which they said is newer). Also, we happened to stay during the time when a storm hit Switzerland, and the boat trips on the Geneva lake were stopped. The staff did not provide us with this information, and in the end we make a fruitless trip in the cold and blazing wind to the lake which could be avoided.

Overall experience is good. Would consider staying here again if we visit Geneva.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank lan18
skopje
Reviewed 26 December 2011

One-bed room in this hotel means really only one bed and a space only for one bed. But, the location is excellent, just across the street of main railway station on Geneva-Cornavin.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank MacedonianTraveller
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 December 2011

Tripadvisor doesn't usually let me down, but I'm baffled as to why this hotel has a 4 star rating. I would not stay in this hotel again and I actually was thrilled when it was time to check out after a two-night stay.

On the plus side:
- Very close to station (convenient)
- Very spacious rooms for Europe standards

On the negative side:
- Location - multiple colleagues informed me that I was staying in the red light district and that I shouldn't walk around at night if I looked lost
- Room/Hotel Standards - very tired hotel - from the outside to the inside, it's a very tired establishment. Sometimes old/tired can redeem itself because of its old-world charm.. this was not the case. Paint was schipped away throughout the room and bathroom... carpets are circa 1970 and did not fill me with confidence that they were very clean.
- Amenities - Restaurant closes at 10pm and there is no food in the minibar of the room. This may not always be an issue - but was for me because I arrived on a late flight.

All in all, it did not feel very clean and was in need of major updating.
For the price I paid, I could have stayed in much nicer hotels in Geneva.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Right-O

Travellers are raving about these Geneva hotels