“Ideal for business trip”

Grand Hotel Kempinski Geneva
Ranked #23 of 106 Hotels in Geneva
Moscow, Moscow City, Russia
“Ideal for business trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2012

Very good location
Nice views
Quiet enough
Nice gym and pool
Good breakfast and chinese indoor restaraunt

Room Tip: Lake view, upper floor
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
, General Manager at Grand Hotel Kempinski Geneva, responded to this review, 27 June 2012
Thank you very much for your lovely comments, highly appreciated.

I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back and meeting you on your next visit to the Grand Hotel Kempinski Geneva.

Thierry Lavalley

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Lisbon, Portugal
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2012

Stayed here only for 3 nights. But had stayed before when it was Noga Hilton. It has a great decor and the staff are really 5 stars. Everything is as it should be in a five star hotel. Just couldn't understand why the WiFi was payed for. The terrace restaurant is incredible but the pizza place downstars right next to the jewleries is even better. Try the terrace for the breakfast where all the litlle birds come to try and have a few crums of bread and you delight yourself in the view over the Jet d'Eau and Lac Leman and them lunch or have dinner in pizza place. The pool is great. But the price overnight is really high! Worth it if you have a few francs extra to spend

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
Thank you for selecting the Grand Hotel Kempinski during your recent stay in Geneva. We appreciate your positive comments in regards to our decor, the view, our service and the breakfast buffet at Floor Two Restaurant.

Barcelona, Spain
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2012

I can't remember the last time I went out of my way to alert people about a hotel but Kempinski managed to make me do just that.

I booked Kempinski after having scouted several booking sites for my 3 day stay in Geneva as it was the only 5 star hotel that was decently priced in that period.

At arrival I'm greeted by a nice lady which proceeds to check me in. She offers me an upgrade as I assume they where overbooked. I go to my room which doesn't look like much of an upgrade but whatever. I head out for the night as I had a busy schedule. Upon returning I realize that I've been given 2 twin beds despite of me requesting a king-sized bed while booking at their website.

As I'm too tired to complain I try to sleep but keep getting waken by a loud thumbing bass sound. I call downstairs to ask them if they can give me another room as it's simply unbearable. She says they are overbooked and can't relate to the noise.

About 30 minutes later I go down to the reception to demand another room as I've at this time been listening to what I can only describe as a small techno concert. I'm met by a rude guy which tells me its impossible that I'm hearing any sounds unless its one of my neighbors as he says its Monday and no bars are open. I insist and he says he will send a guard up despite of me telling him it comes from outside and not from my neighbors.

I decided to give up and go back to the room but before doing so I reminded him to send up an iron first thing in the morning as this was the second time I had asked for it. Which 5 star hotel don't have an iron anyways?

The next day I of course have to remind them a 3rd time to send up the iron before heading out to my meeting. Miraculously it showed up within 5 minutes so what happened the other 2 times?

Night comes again and despite of being promised to be moved to another room last night I have heard nothing from the hotel management, no calls, no voice mails. At 10 PM the sound is back on but this time I know what it is, it's their damn bar which is right beneath my room on the 2nd floor with a patio. I'm on the 4th. I call downstairs to complain again and tell them that this time I know what is causing the sound telling them I'm right above the bar. The receptionist this time doesn't deny it instead she says she is sorry and tells me this will be ongoing until 1AM but that she can call up the bar manager and ask him to turn down the music and shut the windows.

The music get's dimmed for about 10 minutes after which the sound is yet again turned back on at which I decide to write this review.

I'm by no means a snob that complaints over the slightest of things but I do not expect to stay at a 5 star hotel and being treated this way. Being deprived of my sleep is one thing, having to remind the staff of simple task is another and finally having to school their staff that putting a wide sheet over two twin beds does not make it a king size bed is a third.

The lesson I've learned from this is to NEVER ignore the TripAdvisor reviews. If a hotel has more than 5 terrible reviews then there is probably something to it. So do yourself the favor and save yourself the agony and money of having to find out. There is much better hotels out there.

Room Tip: If you are foolish enough to stay at this hotel then make sure you get a room at the very top floor...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
4 Thank blackberry_mike
LavalleyT, General Manager at Grand Hotel Kempinski Geneva, responded to this review, 14 June 2012
We were deeply concerned to learn that, on this occasion, we utterly failed to deliver our normal high standards of service, quality, professionalism and hospitality, namely in your guestroom because of the noise pollution coming from the FloorTwo Bar. Needless to say that we will compel our DJ to limit the bass sound level in the future. Please accept our sincere apologies for your ruined night's sleep. We would sincerely appreciate if you would give us a second chance to regain your faith in our product.

Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2012 via mobile

I stayed at the Kempinski, again, for two visits in the same month. Great service and great communications with the hotel manager and his staff after an apparent mistake with my travel agency and hotel reservations. All good though. Great hotel, very spacious rooms (especially in Europe), taxis always available and great food selection. The spa was fantastic -- tried and true!

Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Leavingonajetplane21
LavalleyT, General Manager at Grand Hotel Kempinski Geneva, responded to this review, 6 June 2012
I am truly delighted to read that we have met your expecations and that you enjoyed our spa, the spacious rooms as well as our food selection.

Looking forward to welcoming you once more to the Grand Hotel Kempinski Geneva.