“Exceeds our expectations once again!”
Review of SwissSafari GmbH

More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: SwissSafari GmbH is a licensed tour company and composed of a small team of some enthusiastic Switzerland experts. We specialize in customized tours through Switzerland and whole Europe. Our tours can start in each city of Switzerland and are taken in modern cars or minibuses with private Swiss drivers which are at the same time experienced tour guides. A high standard, and due to our great knowledge about Switzerland and Europe, individuality is guaranteed. We organize tours to every region of Switzerland and including sightseeing trips to the highlights but also offer "off the beaten path" locations, trips to our neighbour countries, day excursions, family trips and transfers. Our emphasis is always in quality; we do not claim to be the cheapest, but prefer to offer excellent value for money for persons wanting that "extra something" and a memorably and wonderful stay. Our special service to you: if you plan a full holiday package you get planning, organization, transfers, tickets, hotel bookings and the carrying out of the tour from one hand which is an expert in Switzerland and Europe and have your personal contact during the whole planning and implementation stage.
Reviewed 4 October 2016

This is our second time using Swiss Safari while we're touring Switzerland and once again Carmen had created a wonderful tour for me and my mom!

I've been traveling around Europe using different private touring companies/guides and Swiss Safari is the best bar none!

Carmen's been super helpful through the initial tour planning stage giving me ideas and suggestions on places that we would be interested in visiting (it is not easy to travel with an elderly with a bad knee). Being a demanding customer with lots of questions Carmen never fails to respond to my emails promptly and never lose her patience and that's great customer service! She even greets us personally when we arrive and took us to the airport on our day of departure (and all the goodies that she gave us as gifts).

Our guide Heinz is the best guide I've ever had by far. He knows the area so well that he never had to use GPS once during our trip. He's very responsible and took care of us well during our trip especially my mom which I really appreciate. Heinz is very knowledgeable in every aspect (food, wine, sports, history...anything you want to know about Switzerland and all the off the beaten paths) and he's nice and funny - it was like traveling with a friend!

Yes the tour is on the expensive side but you really do get what you pay for. If you want a professional, tailor-made and worry-free touring experience Swiss Safari would be your one and only choice.

Thank you Carmen we really appreciate everything you've done for us and thanks for helping me successfully surprised my mom (this was a very memorable trip for her!).

Can't wait to tour around Switzerland again with you and Heinz in the near future! :)

1  Thank Kir_Royale110
SwissSafari, Owner at SwissSafari GmbH, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2016

Dear V....,

I thank you very much for taking your time to write this review which I read with great pleasure.

This trip was your Mom's Birthday celebration trip and I felt honoured when you asked me to plan it. Throughout all our planning it was my utmost concern to create a program which will be memorable for both of you.
Reading your review and thanks to Heinz's enthusiasm to make this trip perfect for you, I think SwissSafari has accomplished it's mission what fills me with happiness!

V..., thank you again for your loyalty and trust in us!
I look forward to your next contact to create a program and to meeting you and your Mom again in Switzerland.

Warm regards and take care!
Carmen

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 27 July 2016

I highly recommend Carmen and her tour company, Swiss Safari. From the very first email contact to the day of our tour, Carmen was professional, courteous and friendly. She designed a full day tour for me and my husband that started in Lucerne and ended in Basel (we were heading out on a river cruise that evening). We were transported in a new Mercedes van. Our driver and guide, Stefan, was punctual, professional, friendly and provided the best in VIP service. He provided all the history on each area we explored and was willing to do whatever necessary to make sure we enjoyed every stop we made. The last minute change of our drop off point at the end of the day did not cause a problem for him at all. A great value for the money when you have only a short time to see Switzerland.

1  Thank H2O79
SwissSafari, Owner at SwissSafari GmbH, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2016

Dear Guest,
A big thank you for this excellent rating which motivates us to carry on like this.
I'm very happy that you enjoyed the excursion day and that Stefan did such a great job.
Thank you again for chosing us for this tour and for your trust in us! It would be a pleasure to welcome you another time on a tour.

Best egards
Carmen Aebi/CEO
Exclusive Switzerland Tours

Reviewed 19 March 2016

We had a day for a tour in and around Geneva and a day for Zurich. Carmen, through back and forth emails, worked out perfect itineraries for each day. Of course, having a perfect itinerary is one thing, if your tour guide is a dud, half the tour is ruined.
We were so lucky that we had Kurt as our guide. His energy, enthusiasm and especially his quick witted sense of humor made the tours a joy! We kept saying to ourselves how lucky we were to have had Kurt.
The Mercedes van Kurt drove us in was very comfortable and the restaurants we had lunch in were outstanding. Carmen really knows his stuff.
You may first look at the price and think "Oh, that's too expensive!" But after having gone on these SwissSafari tours, I can tell you they are VERY good value for the money! Well worth the price.
You get what you pay for. You have limited time. Go for it! And enjoy it.

2  Thank AmoureuxDeVoituresFR
SwissSafari, Owner at SwissSafari GmbH, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2016

Dear Ron,
Thank you very much for the great review! With pleasure I read that our service met your epxectations and that your small group enjoyed the excursions. Kurt loved to share his time with you and we would be very happy to welcome you another time in Switzerland!

Thank you again for your trust in us!

Best regards

Carmen Aebi
CEO/Owner

Reviewed 25 December 2015

My family and I went through a 7-day-tour throughout Switzerland with Swiss Safari a while ago (sorry to write my impressions so late!). We’re still longing the beautiful landscapes we saw and the first class service we received. Carmen and our guide Kurt made your vacation simply unforgettable. Not only did we have time to relax, make stops wherever we wanted to and as long as desired, but we also learned a lot about the history of the places, about the country, the culture, etc. Carmen is friendly, patient and attentive to every single detail. Kurt had always a smile on his face and was extremely flexible and patient. Some weeks before starting the tour she sends a whole package of brochures to many options we will find along the way. In this way we can already have an idea what we would like to do and see. Once you start the tour, you’ll find another package of information inside the car with the optional tours, history of the places, a map with the customized tour we’re doing as well as information about all hotels we’re staying. All recommended places and hotels were very nice.
She came personally to receive us and see us off with a little gift. As my sister was celebrating her birthday, Carmen also prepared a very nice surprise to her…it made the occasion really special for us.
Prices are surely above the average, but the service exceeds the expectations!

4  Thank cecmix

Dear Cecilia,
What a pleasure to hear from you again via Tripadvisor! Please excuse for not responsing earlier.... but time flies.

Thank you for taking your time to send this great review after such a long time! I remember well of your lovely family and was honored to work out this tour for your family get-together and sister's birthday. It makes me happy that you still remember of your Holidays in Switzerland!!
It would be nice to meet you again sometimes and I wish you and your family all the best.

Warm regards
Carmen Aebi
CEO/Owner

Reviewed 16 September 2015

we only going to be in Geneva for two nights and one full day, i wanted to see as much as i could without it being to stressful , Camron understood this and worked with me to make it happen, our guide was Hugo , he brought a vast , literally , of knowledge and we quickly built a relationship and were off to see the countryside. Hugo was always checking in to see that we wre comfortable and happy with what was happening. we stayed on schedule, had a wine tasting, lunch at Le Deck, saw Chillon Maison, and finsihed with a Steam paddle boat ride back to Geneva from Nyon . What a great day! it was inexpensive , it was what we wanted and in style!1

5  Thank Tom and Pat S
SwissSafari, Geschäftsführer at SwissSafari GmbH, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2015

Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for getting back to me and for taking your time for this excellent rating on tripadvisor - its much appreciated!

It makes me happy that you were satisfied with our service and that you and your wife had a great day!

Hugo was happy to be your host for the day and to show you some places along lake Geneva. He is on his way to concer Mount Kilimanjaro in Tanzania but will be pleased to read your feedback which I will forward to him.

Thank you again for your trust in us. It would be a pleasure to welcome you and your wife back to Switzerland another time and to show you more of our homeland.

All the best and best regards to your wife.

Carmen