Le Richemond, Geneve
Hotel N'vY(Geneva)
US$ 204
US$ 186
  • Restaurant
Hotel Edelweiss - Manotel Geneva(Geneva)(Great Value!)
US$ 164
Swiss Luxury Apartments(Geneva)
US$ 408
US$ 379
Agoda.com
All reviewsle richmonddorchester collectionwhite marbledorchester grouproom serviceperfect locationspacious bathroomfive star hotelsuperb hotelview of the lakean upgradesmall balconyhotel restaurantlake genevaexecutive roomother hotelsold town
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 October 2011

The hotel was chosen by my travel agent for my May trip and I requested to return to the hotel for my second visit, which occurred in September. The hotel staff are the friendliest, most helpful group of people that I have ever encountered. They actually escorted my family to the boat dock when we our jet lagged minds couldn't seem to understand the directions. They recommended a phone service for my college aged daughter and set up the card service for her. On my first visit, I was traveling from Russian, and forgot to exchange money at the airport. I took a taxi from the airport. When I arrived at the hotel, I tried to pay the taxi with a card, and the driver became hostile. The hotel staff quickly jumped in and before I could bat an eye, they were escorting me into their lobby and had taken care of the bill for me. The lobby is lovely and I don't find it over glam at all. It is stylish but not ridiculous, and the rooms are quite crisp in design. It had everything I look for in a boutique hotel: Fantastic location, fantastic staff, and excellent design. The prices are good! We spent the opportunity to have lunch and tea at various hotels to see I liked something better, but the Le Richemond always felt like home. I didn't use the spa or gym, so I cannot comment about those facilities. I will be returning in March, and plan on going back to the Le Richmond.

Room Tip: My rooms all overlooked the water.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
Raymonde C, PA to the General Manager at Le Richemond, Geneve, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2011

Dear Guest

Thank you for your fantastic thoughts concerning your recent stay at Hotel Le Richemond.

So much appreciated by the team and naturally the management.

We shall reserve you the most dedicated welcome next March and even try to suprise you.

I remain at your entire disposal.

Reviewed 30 September 2011

Stayed with my wife only at Le Richemond after a great week with kids at Disney land - Paris

Everyone at the hotel call us by our names , staff was excellent they serve you with a big smile and the room was super quiet, the bed was comfortable and window shutter was just perfect

Dining at the hotel was great experience especially the sea food was exceptional and very tasty.

Spa and Hammam was just great and relaxing and you can book it along with the room.

Location of the hotel was just perfect since everything was with a walking distance and we did not moved our car during our stay.

I do recommend this hotel for couples as will families.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Aboaziz

Dear Guest,

I read your comments and look at the photos with great joy.

Thank you very much, dear Guest, for taking the time to write the memories of your recent stay.

The team and the management look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 12 September 2011

After the recent revamping, the hotel is now a bit "bling bling" for me. at least in the lobby. loud music in the evening, and show off people.
However the rooms are nicely furnished. Chose it for its LHW affiliation, but not really my style. Friendly staff. In the breakfast rooms, although there are several waiters, there doesn't seem to be any organisation (several people are supposedly looking after you but an empty plate will remain on your table for a while). breakfast is better in other hotels of this category. disappointing for the price.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank lukefr965
Raymonde C, P. A. to the General Manager at Le Richemond, Geneve, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your memories of your recent stay.

Your comments are valuable to the management as well as the team.

Perfect Service is what we care for. I hope you will give us another opportunity to stay again in order to show you our sincerity.

PA to the General Manager

Reviewed 6 September 2011

We stayed here at the end of August on the last night of our trip to Geneva. The staff were all very friendly, helpful and professional. We had booked a standard room with breakfast and although we did not have a lake view the room was lovely and the bed very comfortable. The bathroom was traditional and fitted out in marble and of good quality e.g heated mirrors to stop steam build up.

We visited the spa - it was lovely and we enjoyed the peaceful and relaxing setting. I would have had some treatments but the prices unfortunately put me off. I must give special mention to the invigorating tea in the flasks at the spa. It was absolutely delicious and I would have loved the recipe.

Breakfast was very good with a good selection and it was lovely to sit out on the terrace and enjoy the view of the lake in the sunshine. Breakfast service was also very friendly and professional.

Overall a good hotel choice for a quality hotel and in an excellent location.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 August 2011

I went to school in Geneva, so have seen this hotel over 35+ years: from Grande Dame, to What's Happened to Le Richmond, Forte's Arrogance is Unbearable....Now Forte has thankfully sold it to the Dorchester Group, it's once again, excellent. Service and staff were very helpful (NB: it is mid August and Geneva is empty), the bar was animated, Le Jardin restaurant (terrace only) was slick, with well cooked fare. The problem with Le Richemond has always been the rooms, there are only 109, of which 65 or so are acceptable. The hotel is a large V if you will. One side gives onto the lake(ish), the other the road. So far so good. The 40+ rooms which face inwards are only acceptable if: a) you are fan of heavy industrial machinery, b) like utter gloom. One's 'view' is only of aluminium piping, housings, plant etc, and of course the other poor souls across the same prison-like courtyard. Truly horrible, disgraceful even. If you arrive at 11 pm and leave at 0530, you wont mind. I book through Amex Centurion and will usually get the best available in category. I was upgraded to an Executive Room overlooking this abomination and instantly declined the room. I was moved, swiftly, to a different room, a road room; smaller, but acceptable. As i said, Geneva is empty, I pity the unhappy souls allocated the misleadingly named 'courtyard' rooms when Geneva returns from holiday.

Room Tip: Lakeview or road side rooms ONLY
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank RallyDriver2
SLemoine, Front Office Manager at Le Richemond, Geneve, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your memories and comments.
Your faithfulness is so much appreciated.

Le Richemond has always offered different room categoriesat all times. We make sure to find out about each guest's favourite room in order to welcome him back with efficiency and dedication.

I'll be very pleased to hear from you when you plan your next visit and remain at your entire disposal.

Sylvain Lemoine