“great experience”

Ranked #7 of 105 Hotels in Geneva
Espoo, Finland
“great experience”
Reviewed 10 October 2011

I wasn't able to choose the hotel by myself. However I couldn't be dissappointed with Le Richemond. Not just the 5 star hotel - the service was not just 5 start, but also very laid back, in good way. they made my stay 6 stars. If you can have a room with a small balcony, the view to lake geneva won't dissappoint. I didn't have time to check the breakfast nor spa, which is my loss... The Conciege desk won't let you down though!

As a concierge myself, I've experienced many hotels - Le Richemond is good!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
Raymonde C, PA to the General Manager at Le Richemond, Geneva Dorchester Collection, responded to this review, 17 October 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your feedback concerning your recent stay at Hotel Le Richemond.

So many stars in your memories.

Meet you again on your next visit to surprise and please you more.

I remain at your entire disposal

Raymonde Croisier
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Serbian first
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 7 October 2011

The hotel was chosen by my travel agent for my May trip and I requested to return to the hotel for my second visit, which occurred in September. The hotel staff are the friendliest, most helpful group of people that I have ever encountered. They actually escorted my family to the boat dock when we our jet lagged minds couldn't seem to understand the directions. They recommended a phone service for my college aged daughter and set up the card service for her. On my first visit, I was traveling from Russian, and forgot to exchange money at the airport. I took a taxi from the airport. When I arrived at the hotel, I tried to pay the taxi with a card, and the driver became hostile. The hotel staff quickly jumped in and before I could bat an eye, they were escorting me into their lobby and had taken care of the bill for me. The lobby is lovely and I don't find it over glam at all. It is stylish but not ridiculous, and the rooms are quite crisp in design. It had everything I look for in a boutique hotel: Fantastic location, fantastic staff, and excellent design. The prices are good! We spent the opportunity to have lunch and tea at various hotels to see I liked something better, but the Le Richemond always felt like home. I didn't use the spa or gym, so I cannot comment about those facilities. I will be returning in March, and plan on going back to the Le Richmond.

Room Tip: My rooms all overlooked the water.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
Raymonde C, PA to the General Manager at Le Richemond, Geneva Dorchester Collection, responded to this review, 10 October 2011
Dear Guest

Thank you for your fantastic thoughts concerning your recent stay at Hotel Le Richemond.

So much appreciated by the team and naturally the management.

We shall reserve you the most dedicated welcome next March and even try to suprise you.

I remain at your entire disposal.

Saudi Arabia
Reviewed 30 September 2011

Stayed with my wife only at Le Richemond after a great week with kids at Disney land - Paris

Everyone at the hotel call us by our names , staff was excellent they serve you with a big smile and the room was super quiet, the bed was comfortable and window shutter was just perfect

Dining at the hotel was great experience especially the sea food was exceptional and very tasty.

Spa and Hammam was just great and relaxing and you can book it along with the room.

Location of the hotel was just perfect since everything was with a walking distance and we did not moved our car during our stay.

I do recommend this hotel for couples as will families.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Aboaziz
Dear Guest,

I read your comments and look at the photos with great joy.

Thank you very much, dear Guest, for taking the time to write the memories of your recent stay.

The team and the management look forward to your next visit.

Paris, France
Reviewed 12 September 2011

After the recent revamping, the hotel is now a bit "bling bling" for me. at least in the lobby. loud music in the evening, and show off people.
However the rooms are nicely furnished. Chose it for its LHW affiliation, but not really my style. Friendly staff. In the breakfast rooms, although there are several waiters, there doesn't seem to be any organisation (several people are supposedly looking after you but an empty plate will remain on your table for a while). breakfast is better in other hotels of this category. disappointing for the price.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank lukefr965
Raymonde C, P. A. to the General Manager at Le Richemond, Geneva Dorchester Collection, responded to this review, 14 September 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your memories of your recent stay.

Your comments are valuable to the management as well as the team.

Perfect Service is what we care for. I hope you will give us another opportunity to stay again in order to show you our sincerity.

PA to the General Manager
Scotland
Reviewed 6 September 2011

We stayed here at the end of August on the last night of our trip to Geneva. The staff were all very friendly, helpful and professional. We had booked a standard room with breakfast and although we did not have a lake view the room was lovely and the bed very comfortable. The bathroom was traditional and fitted out in marble and of good quality e.g heated mirrors to stop steam build up.

We visited the spa - it was lovely and we enjoyed the peaceful and relaxing setting. I would have had some treatments but the prices unfortunately put me off. I must give special mention to the invigorating tea in the flasks at the spa. It was absolutely delicious and I would have loved the recipe.

Breakfast was very good with a good selection and it was lovely to sit out on the terrace and enjoy the view of the lake in the sunshine. Breakfast service was also very friendly and professional.

Overall a good hotel choice for a quality hotel and in an excellent location.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple