Hotel de la Cigogne
US$ 161
US$ 127
Trip.com
  • Restaurant
Hotel Kipling - Manotel Geneva(Geneva)(Great Value!)
US$ 156
US$ 422
US$ 264
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
La Reserve Geneve Hotel & Spa(Bellevue)
US$ 681
US$ 664
Travelocity
All reviewsold citydouble sinksperfect locationenglish gardenexcellent boutique hotelsmall hotelshopping areacontinental breakfastroom was spacioushotel is centrally locatedjunior suitebusiness tripfour seasonsrelaisfireplacevrailake
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 October 2010

I had to be in Geneva for work and booked this hotel because it was one of the first - and few - with availability. I paid £600+ for what was billed as a standard room (ouch!) but had little choice. On arrival, I was surprised to see how small the lobby was. This really felt like a sub-urban hotel, not a luxurious boutique in the heart of Geneva that I'd just whacked the best part of $1000 on! But, moving up to my room, things got better. It turns out that this hotel's 'standard room' is more akin to a junior suite. I had a separate lounge, dining area and bedroom. The bathroom was elegant, if a little OTT (marble on marble on marble with a hint of granite, topped off with some gold). Beautifully cooked and presented room service (another £100, ouch!) served at my in-room dining table, followed by a great night's sleep in a huge four-poster bed = almost worth the money. Next time, I'll book the Four Seasons for half the price, but I'm glad I experienced it.

Reviewed 20 September 2010

The hotel was booked for me by my company. It was my first trip to Geneva so I did not know much about the local hotels and did not have an opinion in the matter.
The room was spacious, clean and tastefully done up but a bit stuffy. I looked around for the AC vent but could not find it at the first go. Hence I had to open the window to get some fresh air as it was the warmest time of the year in Geneva. Later on, after a lot of investigation, I found the AC vent much later (it was so small you could almost miss it and assume the room was without airconditioning).
The restaurant is closed on Sundays (the day I arrived was a Sunday), so that was a bit of a disappointment as I had arrived after a long flight and was looking to relax with some food from room service. Had to eventually go out to look for food.
Room rent and food are both on the expensive side. Service is ok. There is no additional service available in the hotel for guests (gym/ swimming) since its a small boutique hotel.
Ambience of the hotel and room is good. Location is fantastic (next to Lake Geneva in the center of town).
The staff are friendly and courteous, even though a bit reserved.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 September 2010

Thank goodness I was invited by a friend. I am Swiss and British and speak fluent French but I would no way recommend this hotel only for business. I have travelled world-wide in five star hotels and this is the worst so far. Very old fashioned and dowdy, reception - a couple of receptionists quite pleasant but the rest and the restaurant dreadful and the food not that brilliant considering its Relais et Chateaux. Overrated, overpriced.

Stayed: August 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank oliverdavid
Reviewed 22 June 2010

Tacky rooms that are supposed to be arty. Windows to an alley, dirty carpet, uncomfortable bed, unfriendly staff. not at all recommended

2  Thank vince03
Reviewed 8 May 2010

This is a great little hotel. The staff are extremely well trained and genuinely care about their guests. I've never seen this level of sincerity at a regular hotel. The location is quite convenient, between the old city and the lake. In addition, guests can take advantage of a well-equipped fitness center just a three minute walk away. The only downside is that there is no air conditioning, just windows that can be opened.