All reviews windows restaurant leopard bar leopard room jet d'eau lake geneva lake view welcome drink fantastic hotel mont blanc the entire staff home away from home room service perfect location wonderful stay junior suite star hotel old town
Reviewed 6 September 2016

Great location, very nice hotel, but the most notable aspect of our stay was the superb staff. From the concierge, to the reception, to the porters, to the housekeeping staff, to the car valets, everyone was not only professional and competent, but they all went out of their way to be exceedingly helpful and friendly. Would definitely recommend highly.

Only issue was in the restaurant for afternoon tea. Food was delicious, but the menu did not specify that one order was meant for 2 people. Though it seemed expensive at CHF47, we assumed that was standard for Geneva. The waiter asked us how many orders we would like, and we said 4 (for 4 of us). When the food came, it was obvious that we had ordered twice as much as we should have. We asked the waiter if normally one order was meant for 2 people, and he said that yes, that was the case. Unfortunately we wasted a lot of food and a lot of money. He was very nice, but not sure why he didn't advise us that we were ordering double what we should have.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Jean-Vital D, General Manager at Hotel d'Angleterre, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2016

Dear Barbara,

Thanks for being so thankful to the entire team and recommending the hotel. I am glad to read that we have exceeded your expectations.

Looking at your remark regarding the Afternoon Tea that you have had, I have checked your invoice and I do confirm it was served for four persons; which is the normal way in our restaurant. In other words, that means you have found our Afternoon Tea to be very generous, our philosophy. For an Afternoon Tea at the Windows restaurant, each guest receives a range of 6 different finger sandwiches, 7 individual mini pastries as well as two freshly baked scones, double cream from Gruyere and jams to go with it !

I hope we will have the pleasure to greet you again soon with us, or into one of our other 16 hotels, and in each of the, I am confident you will find the same genuine generosity.

Best regards.

Jean-Vital Domézon
General Manager.

Reviewed 2 September 2016

My wife and I were recently here on holiday. We had high expectations based on reviews and our experience at the sister hotel in London (the Mayfair Chesterfield), It was all we hoped for and more. The location is excellent - on the lake and a short walk to the Old City, the train station, nearby restaurants, or up the lake towards the Botanical Gardens., The hotel itself is extremely attactive. We booked an 'Exclusive Lake' room with a direct view of the Jet d'Eau, which was luxuriously decorated with a mixture of art works.

Besides the physical properties I also call out the high level of service. We received gracious help from concierge and front desk staff for travel and dining arrangements, and room service was prompt. The service lived up to the rest of the property.

Other attributes: the free Wifi and TV worked without difficulty. The Leopard Bar was nice for a drink (and to look at the decor). I'll review the Windows restaurant separately. The 'free airport transportation' (amenities questions in this review form) is based on the train voucher you receive at checkin, which is valid for local buses, lake ferries, and the short train ride to Geneva airport. That's a very efficient way to go between the hotel and the airport: the train ride is about 7 minutes and the train station only a few minutes walk from the hotel.

All in all we were very happy with the hotel and recommend it highly.

Room Tip: If you want the lake view go for the Exclusive Lake room upgrade. Road noise was minimal, so facing the waterfront was not a problem
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jeffOnTheRoad2010
Reviewed 2 September 2016 via mobile

I been here at this hotel,
It's a very beautiful hotel situated in front of the fountain.
It's a luxury hotel,
Rooms was super luxury very well maintained feel like you are in a palace.
Service was superb,
Breakfast buffet was superb,
They had a Indian food festival when I was there.
Food was very very best at Window restaurant Indian food.
Biriyani was amazing,
Superb chicken tikka.
Great place for stay
Thank you to the management for very well maintain the standards.
Keep it up.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 September 2016 via mobile

Well Located

This hotel is located in front of the lake fountain.

All the staff are very friendly. The room was very very big with an amazing view of the lake.

The breakfast has a lot of quality, not quantity but I loved it. Ruinart champagne available, etc.

The restaurant was amazinh, there was a Michelin starred indian chef and was one of the best indian food I ever had.

I saw one room in the other side of the hotel that need urgent refurbishment.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 August 2016

Just returned from our stay, excellent and very friendly service from the moment we checked in. Small personal touches like remembering your name, great service with a smile and helping us with information on planning our day. Highly recommend it.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple