Hotel d'Angleterre
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Grand Hotel Kempinski Geneva(Geneva)
  • Pool
Good 3.5/5
Good 3.5/5
  • Breakfast included
  • Room Service
All reviewswindows restaurantleopard barleopard roomjet d'eaured carnation hotellake genevawalk in closetlake viewwonderful hotelmont blancthe entire staffrestaurant staffroom servicewonderful stayperfect locationjunior suitefive star hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 December 2011

Very nice hotel over-looking Lake Gevena. Like most hotels in Geneva, or indeed Switzerland, this hotel is far from cheap.Very nice room, with comfortable bed. The staff at reception were friendly, polite and helpful.
Was only here on business, but would definitely recommend.

Room Tip: The back of the hotel is probably quieter, but the front has the view of the lake.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
Jean-Vital D, Manager at Hotel d'Angleterre, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2012

Many thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback. I was pleased to read your comments about your recent stay with us. I was delighted that you emjoyed the accommodation and the service you received from reception team. I will share your thanks with them.

May I take this opportunity to wish you all the best for 2012 and we hope to welcome you back in the New Year, could it be for work purposes or leisure !

Best Regards.

Reviewed 22 December 2011

What a wonderful hotel, the staff are just magnificent from the front doorman, the concierge, the waiters and bar staff, they were all just great, remembered your name, anticipated you needs, the only other thing needed was a comfortable room and it was provided. We had a corner room, that was like a small apartment, overlooking the lake what a great view. The location was great, just across the road was the little ferries or you could walk to the old town and the major shopping area in about 15 min.
The Leopard Bar was just great for a few evening drinks and a super range of canapés, it was easy to get stuck there and forget about dinner.
I would describe it as slightly expensive but the saying we have in Australia "you get what you pay for" applies to this hotel, it was value for money.

Room Tip: Ask for a lake view, I am not sure but I think they may all be lake view.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank WreckerBob

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your very kind feedback regarding your recent stay at the hotel D'angleterre Geneva. I was delighted read that you enjoyed the comfort of your room as well as the charm and the ambiance in our Leopard Bar.

I wish you all the best for this new 2012 year and hope we will have the opportunity to greet soon on the shores of Lake Leman !

Warmest Regards

Reviewed 20 December 2011

Just came to Geneva for one night for business purpose. Everybody around recommended to me President Wilson but after a very (unfortunately) stay in Hotel d'Angletere I can say - it's a best place to stay in Geneva. Personnel is absolutely over all exigences, cuisine at Windows - is high cuisine. And rooms... You know, you can walk in.

• Stayed: December 2011
1  Thank Safdar_mow
Reviewed 15 December 2011

The hotel really was first class, from entering the reception to leaving four days later the service was impecable.

The staff could not do enough for you , I would recommend the hotel to anyone and we will definitely be visiting it again.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 November 2011

The Hotel is ideally located, in the centre of Geneva, just across the majestic fountain. Whether in town for business or pleasure, the Hotel is ideal! The staff is beyond wonderful: welcomed me consistently by name, with smiles and always willing to assist. I truly look forward to my next stay.
Other comments: heated towel racks in the bathroom, Penthaligon amenities, quiet rooms and an outstanding breakfast in Windows restaurant, overlooking all of Geneva.
This hotel is a MUST! With only 45 rooms or so, you feel at home with all the luxuries one would expect in a 5 star.
Bravo to the management for a perfect team and service!

Room Tip: All rooms are good!
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Anne M
Jean-Vital D, Manager at Hotel d'Angleterre, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2011

Thank you very much for your very kind comments regarding the hotel d'Angleterre. I was happy to read that you have enjoyed some of our facilities and the attention we give to details. This is why our hotel is so special and unique. I will share your compliments with the team.

I hope we will have the opportunity to greet you again in a soon future.

Kindest regards