“Mr ”
Review of La Finestra

La Finestra
Reserve with
La Finestra is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #165 of 1,881 Restaurants in Geneva
Reviewed 28 November 2016 via mobile

Everything was excellent. The atmosphere leads you to old fashioned Italian classic restaurant. The staff is really polite and pleasant. I tried carpazzio red tone with pekorino. It was really tasteful. For main pasta with scampi and cream. And dessert panacota. All were excellent. Prices are high but certainly I will visit it again

1  Thank steliostsi

Reviewed 17 November 2016 via mobile

Maybe expectations were too high after the reviews below.

It just did not feel like fabulous Italian cooking, which it should at those prices.

Pasta arrived too fast, sauce was minimal/pasta had gone hard and it felt like it had been sitting drying whilst we finished our starters. How can you get that wrong as an Italian restaurant?!

Tiramisu was average at best.

Service was warm and friendly. Ambiance is lovely. But that's not enough for the price tag (>300 chf for two due to truffle season!) - its the food that disappoints.

6  Thank cranny
Reviewed 15 October 2016 via mobile

My husband was craving great Italian food. And this beautiful family run restaurant did not disappoint. The beef carpaccio with shaved truffles almost brought him to tears! He was all in for truffles this night so he also had the homemade ravioli with a truffle cream sauce. No joke- he almost lickedthe plate! I had artichoke with shrimp as an appetizer. It was so sweet and delicious. I have never had an appetizer like this. Perfection. For dinner I had the sea bass. It was accompanied by mashed potatoes (mediocre) and some yummy veggies. The bass was so perfectly done though I didn't even care about the potatoes. For dessert my husband had some sort of a pistachio ice cream that left him smiling. And he's not even a dessert guy! I love dessert and mine was sent from heaven. Exceptional. Now I must confess that the interior is a little worn, but it is cozy and comfy. The service was excellent. We highly recommend this little restaurant.

1  Thank Stacy M
Reviewed 3 August 2016 via mobile

I've been there several times and the food has always been delicious, beautifully decorated, the service personalized. You feel like in Italy in spite of being nice the centre of Geneva.

1  Thank Aurora V
Reviewed 1 July 2016 via mobile

My wife has the lamb & I'm suppose to have the sea bass but end up having tuna by mistake because of language problem. Both dishes turned up to be fantastic. I never expect tuna can taste so good & it totally changes my expectation on tuna. It is expensive but worth it for the fantastic experience of the best tuna.

1  Thank WongKimHoi