“A slice of Italy in the heart of Geneva”
Review of La Finestra

La Finestra
Ranked #282 of 1,774 Restaurants in Geneva
Reviewed 15 October 2016 via mobile

My husband was craving great Italian food. And this beautiful family run restaurant did not disappoint. The beef carpaccio with shaved truffles almost brought him to tears! He was all in for truffles this night so he also had the homemade ravioli with a truffle cream sauce. No joke- he almost lickedthe plate! I had artichoke with shrimp as an appetizer. It was so sweet and delicious. I have never had an appetizer like this. Perfection. For dinner I had the sea bass. It was accompanied by mashed potatoes (mediocre) and some yummy veggies. The bass was so perfectly done though I didn't even care about the potatoes. For dessert my husband had some sort of a pistachio ice cream that left him smiling. And he's not even a dessert guy! I love dessert and mine was sent from heaven. Exceptional. Now I must confess that the interior is a little worn, but it is cozy and comfy. The service was excellent. We highly recommend this little restaurant.

1  Thank Stacy M

Reviewed 3 August 2016 via mobile

I've been there several times and the food has always been delicious, beautifully decorated, the service personalized. You feel like in Italy in spite of being nice the centre of Geneva.

1  Thank Aurora V
Reviewed 1 July 2016 via mobile

My wife has the lamb & I'm suppose to have the sea bass but end up having tuna by mistake because of language problem. Both dishes turned up to be fantastic. I never expect tuna can taste so good & it totally changes my expectation on tuna. It is expensive but worth it for the fantastic experience of the best tuna.

1  Thank WongKimHoi
Reviewed 17 March 2016

A small, intimate restaurant serving excellent Italian food and wine. The truffle pasta is the best in town - if it's not on the menu ask for it, you wont be disappointed!

1  Thank 212Stella
Reviewed 22 February 2016 via mobile

Fresh ingredients, attentive service and good diversity on the menu make this place a must try when in the old town. A little on the pricey side of the spectrum but the food is worth it. It has even less seats than Favola and Cittadella but it is cosy and has a family feel to it. João the waiter was excellent.

4  Thank genevatopreviewer