My last stop in Switzerland was a one-day in Bern. Being the capital city, finding an affordable place to live is difficult. Pension Marthahaus is a bit out of the way. From the Bahnhoff, take the bus line 20 and stop at Gewerbeschule. From there follow the signs to the hostel.
1. Breakfast is included! All the places I have stayed in so far charges for breakfast and at expensive CHF rates for very little. The breakfast spread is fantastic, containing egg, bread, jam/spreads and meat / cheese combination and assorted drinks. Made a great day better. Also the dining area is nicely decorated
2. Spacious bright room with balcony. With a clean wash basin in the room. The design was also pleasing to the eye. Also the bed was quite comfortable.
3. There are kitchen facilities but I didn't really explore as I didn't have much time
4. Friendly host!
5. 2 computers with free access to the internet. Forgot to check whether if it had wi-fi.
6. Great value for money as most hostels do not include breakfast
1. Inconvenient to get there with heavy luggage. It's a good 5 - 10 minutes walk from the nearest bus station at Gewerbeschule.
2. Not many shops around. This is in a residential area, unfortunately I didn't find any grocery stores near it. Do your shopping in Bern before coming back.
3. It's a bit out of the way. Being that it is not near Bern Old Town, thus is a bit inconvenient to just pop over to do some last minute shopping / sightseeing
4. Shared bathrooms. There are 2 bathrooms per landing but is not very inconvenient due to having the wash basin in the room.
I would recommend staying here... if you want to get away from the hustle and bustle of Bern.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Marthahaus Hotel offers you individually and very tastefully furnished rooms in a quiet residential area of Berne, near the centre, the main station, the BEA-Expo, the Stade de Suisse and the Postfinance Arena.A guest kitchen, wireless internet access are available free of charges! The Marthahaus serves a complimentary breakfast. Many restaurants can be found around the hotel.The staff of the Marthahaus is at your disposal 24 hours a day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA and Hotels.com so you can book your Hotel Marthahaus reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pension Marthahaus Bern Hotel Bern