We had booked another hotel online. When we got there, the lobby was uninviting, the room miniscule. We were able to cancel and started scrounging for a new hotel. We went to a second one, equally bad. Finally we decided to spend the money and stay at the Bellevue. What a wonderful decision! The room was large and very comfortable. We were so tired when we finally got into our room that we had dinner in their bar, which is a delightful room (and the dinner was delicious). Best of all was the concierge and front desk staff. They couldn't have been nicer, gave us tips and reserved dinner. Bern ended up being a very nice two days instead of the disaster that began our stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel of the Swiss government with a history extending back 150 years - The BELLEVUE PALACE is the only grand hotel in the heart of the capital. The magnificent salons, the grandiose vista of the Bernese Alps and the warm hospitality make this luxury hotel so unique. It has always been a meeting place for politicians and diplomats, it featured in John le Carre's spy novels, and it is also a casual meeting place for the whole of Berne. La BELLE VIE au BELLEVUE PALACE. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your BELLEVUE PALACE Bern reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bellevue Palace Bern Hotel Bern
- Bellevue Palace Hotel Bern
- Bern Bellevue Palace Hotel