“Excellent atmosphere, tasty food!”
Review of Acqua

Acqua
Ranked #131 of 773 Restaurants in Basel
Price range: US$ 25 - US$ 80
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 14 October 2017 via mobile

Entering this location Italian Ossetia restaurant gave me a good feeling and this was a very nice dinner. The lighting and the decorations fitted in to this old “water station”. I sat close to the water splashing on the glass floor from underneath. Strange arrangement, but different and cool. I had a delicious pasta starter and for mains I had the most tender filet of beef ever. Really nice food. Highly recommendable place.

Reviewed 5 May 2017 via mobile

I was part of a large party of 15 people visiting Basel on business, and hosted at Acqua for dinner. The building- an old tram engineering works- has been wonderfully restored and provides a truly atmospheric restaurant venue. As a large party, We ate from a limited menu. We shared delicious antipasti and then two of us shared the special dish- a colossal T-Bone steak cut into slices. The steak was nicely seasoned, simply prepared and delectably tasty. Accompaniments we're fresh and the wine was lovely. For desert I had strawberry mousse.
We had a great evening: the atmosphere was electric and the food delicious. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 14 April 2017

Food itself especially pasta with wild boar ragu. All presented very well and good sized portions. I would not fault the food. Venue warehouse style and really neat. Looks nothing from the outside. Service, a different story. Timing great between sitting down, ordering and getting our starter but then we waited almost an hour until our next course arrived. They removed some drinks from the bill without being asked which is good but that's not the point. They had a couple if big groups in and I don't think they stagger the times enough to manage the kitchen efficiently.

Reviewed 5 February 2017 via mobile

A trendy Italian restaurant as you would find them in Antwerp, Belgium.
Excellent food and friendly service with Italian roots. Nice industrial looking location with impressive lightning.
One of the restaurant in Basel which I would visit with my wife and friends.

Reviewed 16 January 2017 via mobile

Was here for a work dinner. If you look for a quiet table to discuss serious business topics chose another place. However, for a relaxed business dinner where you want good atmosphere Acqua is very good. I personally love the industrial look and feel of this restaurant and it certainly caters for a few drinks and laughs. The food is actually very good, however, the service was standard at best and extremely slow. So, if you're looking for efficiency, look elsewhere. In any case, for drinks certainly worth to go here and also for the food itself (minus the service then as mentioned).