US$ 139
US$ 131
Pullman
  • Restaurant
Aparthotel Adagio Basel City(Basel)(Great Value!)
US$ 105
US$ 96
  • Fitness centre
Airport Hotel Basel(Basel)(Great Value!)
US$ 128
US$ 114
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 25% below average rates

The price you found is 25% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 151/night.

ibis Basel Bahnhof(Basel)(Great Value!)
US$ 104
US$ 95
ibis
  • Bar/Lounge
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 105/night.

US$ 97
US$ 89
Dorint An der Messe Basel(Basel)(Great Value!)
US$ 137
US$ 116
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 144/night.

US$ 133
US$ 125
Orbitz.com
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 142/night.

Hotel Spalentor Basel(Basel)(Great Value!)
US$ 966
US$ 187
  • Bar/Lounge
Hotel Victoria(Basel)(Great Value!)
US$ 190
US$ 128
Priceline
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 144/night.

All reviewsmemory foam mattressnice hoteltram stopexecutive roombusiness travelaccor hotelswalk in showerthe central railway stationnecessary amenitiesfast wifiroom pricemodern facilitiesstayed at this hotel for nightsfamily roomsmall fridgegood sizetram number
Reviewed 11 October 2017

the hotel is good,clean,comfortable.the reception staff very friendly and helpful,the cleaning ladies good.they have free mineral water in the rooms,a boiler,i don't know if the coffee is free?the breakfast is good and the waiters very polite.the problem is that they will ask for 350chf,deposit when you arrive,but they don't let us know about this when we made the reservation?! i had no problem,because when i left the hotel they cancelled the amount of 350chf,and next day the money were availble.so,a good hotel go for it.the best way to find the hotel is to walk;take the posstenpassage,at the train station,then cross the street and take jackob burhard passage ,and in 10 minutes you;ll see the novotel.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Wizz Tours
Max l, Manager at Novotel Basel City, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2017

Dear aurica247
Thank you very much for taking you time to send us your feedback.
We are very happy that we could meet your expections with our service and friendliness.
While arriving we do take your credit card as an guarantee, the authorization will only cover
the cost of your stay plus some extra if you like to use any service in the hotel.
But as you mentioned, as soon as you left the hotel the block will be released.
For the minibar all rooms will have the water inclusive and the water will be replaced very day as well as the coffee/tea station. Only the snacks and the soft-drinks/beer will be charged if you use it. With the executive room the soft-drinks will be free as well.
We hope to have you back someday.
Have a great day.
Kind regards
Rooms Division Manager

Reviewed 1 October 2017 via mobile

This hotel is very nice. When you first walk in it looks like a high class place. When we walked in there was free ice tea. Very good. The rooms are amazing. Bathroom is very nice. Shower has a switch to switch on and off to see through the glass when someone is showering:).

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Max l, Manager at Novotel Basel City, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2017

Dear Ivanshantel,

Reviewed 28 September 2017

One night stay en-route between Interlaken and home in U.K. Friendly and helpful reception staff. Room very good. Housekeeping not up to standard as shower soap was empty. Reported to reception and housekeeping came to room while we we at dinner, cleaned shower but left soap dispenser still empty. Should be more choice in restaurant for dinner.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Dear N2198WIronaldw
Thank you very much for send us your feedback.
First at all we are very sorry for the inconvenience during your stay.
We forwarded your comments about the housekeeping issue to avoid any further inconveniences.
And know thank you about your great comments about our staff and facilities.
We really hope to have you back someday.
Have a great day!
Kind regards from Basel

Reviewed 16 September 2017

The gym had very nice posters of exercises with a Pilates Ball, as well as stretching exercises on a mat, but the gym did not have a ball nor a mat! Instead, there was a large fatboy bean bag, absolutely not recommending for sports or stretching.

The gym lacked air conditioning, and reception was not very nice, saying they would not disturb the facility man for such a minor thing (seriously!). Wow... very little customer focus!!!

The travel from the city with the tram card given by the hotel is straight forward with Tram number 15 going to the Market Platz downtown.

Parking is 26CHF with an elevator directly to your room, worth the price.

The hotel is in the Swiss part of Basel, I could not find a staff who speaks French...

The room is a standard Novotel room. The only unusual detail, you could flip a switch which made the wall between the room and the bathroom transparent. The kids loved it!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Max l, Manager at Novotel Basel City, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2017

Dear pptar

Reviewed 12 September 2017

We arrived in Basel in the pouring rain after driving all the way from the UK. We'd been on the road since 4am, tired and hungry. Basel is very busy, trams and cars everywhere! We took a wrong turn just before we got to the hotel and ended up on the motorway again so by the time we actually got to the hotel, we were even more fed up. We had no idea where the parking was so I jumped out and ran in to ask. A very friendly receptionist came out the building with me and kindly pointed out the right direction. She saved the day!
First impressions of the hotel was a busy city centre hotel which was smart and clean. We checked in a few days before so check in was quick and easy. Our room was clean and as usual, bed and shower amazing Novotel standards!
We were given tram tickets on check in which saved our family about £20. We ventured into Basel to find kaffee 1777 as I am coeliac and I had researched where I could find affordable gluten free food in Switzerland. It was easy to find once we'd figured out how the tram worked. The tram stop is just across from the hotel so it was really convenient. Basel centre is lovely and there was some sort of jazz thing going on in the main square.
The next morning, we went down to breakfast. What a spread! Amazing! I asked a member of staff about gluten free food as I had requested it when I booked. He told me that the bacon etc in the serving dishes were on top of toast but I was not concentrating and did not understand him and he went into the kitchen. I then went to dish up my food, not realising all the food in the serving dishes were on top of toast (not sure why they do that...must be a good reason) and I helped myself to bacon and egg. Then the waiter came back with my own uncontaminated bacon and gluten free toast and I finally understood what he meant. whew! I really need to learn to speak German! I found this really amazing that they were happy to cook me whatever I wanted. It was no trouble even though it was so busy. So thank you Novotel Basel! And the bacon was the most delicious bacon I have ever had!
Check out was quick and the staff kindly told us not to worry about paying for the car park. Wow! Wow! Wow! Thank you so much! We left your hotel so happy after a wonderful night's sleep, hot powerful shower and delicious breakfast. Great start to our Italian holiday! What more can we ask for! We will definitely want to stay there again.

Room Tip: I think they're all the same - quiet!
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Max l, Manager at Novotel Basel City, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2017

Dear MyGlutenFreeTravels :-)
Thank you very much for your wonderful feedback.
It is just great to hear all the good thinks about our team.
Thank you very much and we hope to have you back soon.
Have a great time in Italy!
Kind regards from Basel