“Carbonara straight out of Rome!”
Review of Trattoria aroma

Trattoria aroma
Ranked #17 of 748 Restaurants in Basel
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 18 June 2016 via mobile

I showed up 20 minutes before the restaurant opened for lunch and the manager happily sat me in the best seat in the house. I ordered the menu option for 28CHF which included salad, rigatoni carbonara and pear cream cake for dessert. FABULOUS. I honestly have only had carbonara that comes close to comparing in Rome, Italy. Food and service were top notch and we will definitely both be visiting again on our next trip to Basel.

Reviewed 9 June 2016 via mobile

We visited here on a Saturday night.
Disappointing really for the cost. Anti pasta was ok but for 70 francs for 4 people just too much. Pasta was home made but no sauce on it really. Ravioli was best on daily specials.

Reviewed 30 April 2016

Small trattoria on the first floor - entrance next to the bazaar type shop look carefully - cozy trattoria. Pasta was relatively home fare, Roman style, with excellent attention to detail of cooking. Sauces were simple and showed high level skill in balancing the tastes - delicious. Menu is not infinite, but that fits with the open kitchen cozy feel of the place. Staff/owners are very friendly. The open wine had been selected with care.

Reviewed 6 April 2016

My husband and I went here on a weeknight for an anniversary dinner. We called ahead for reservations, but it wasn't a very busy night. Located upstairs in a building right off Marktplatz, it is a pleasing, modern and welcoming dining room. The menu is simple and offers a nice selection of everything, from meat to seafood to veggies. Everything was fresh and delicious, from our grilled octopus, grilled veggies and pasta dish. We shared a great bottle of red wine (ask for a recommendation!) and topped everything off with a yummy dessert. I'd go back for a nice, low-key dinner.

2  Thank stsung
Reviewed 11 February 2016

This restaurant has got to serve the best amatriciana I've tasted - and I've eaten at quite a few restaurants in Rome. Their guanciale is really really tasty - I wish they'd reveal their suppliers to me. I do know the hosts personally. Definitely worth a visit even for other dishes.

2  Thank randu69