“Amazing ”

Radisson Blu Hotel, Basel
Ranked #23 of 52 Hotels in Basel
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 22 September 2017 via mobile

Loved the stay there. The service was amazing and the rooms very tidy . Went with with my husband for a weekend and everything was as we expected. The location is also great, very close to the train station and the center, where all the stores are.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
Felix H, Geschäftsführer at Radisson Blu Hotel, Basel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2017

Dear susycok,
Thanks for sharing this wonderful review. It is a pleasure to read that you had an excellent experience with us and we met your complete satisfaction. It is our priority to create unique and enjoyable hospitality to every guest. We hope for the opportunity to welcoming you back in the future.
Kind regards,
Felix W. Hauser

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 17 September 2017 via mobile

A nice hotel conveniently located for the city centre. The rooms were clean, quiet and comfortable. The hotel has parking for 30 cars but the spaces are tight. If full however there is another car park close by. Free wifi and a free tram ticket was a nice touch. Recommended.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Felix H, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Basel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2017

Dear Fredinabed,
Thank you for your review and for sharing your recent experience with us. We love feedback and therefore, we are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time with us. The entire hotel team is looking forward to welcoming you back soon!
With kind regards,

Reviewed 14 September 2017

We stayed here for 3 nights in early September, me, my husband and 7 year old daughter. I booked a standard double room and requested an extra bed for our daughter, when we arrived we were given a business class room which was very large and comfortable and had a separate sleeping area for us, 2 TVs, a safe, fridge, tea and coffee making facilities etc. The room was very quiet and a comfortable temperature and the beds were big and comfy. We all slept well. We used the gym and swimming pool, these are good and the pool is plenty big enough to swim properly in, The location of the hotel is very good, a few minutes walk from the Swiss train station (Bahnhof SBB), and a few minutes in the other direction for the old town. The area around the hotel is safe and clean and there are plenty of shops and restaurants close by. Paddy Reillys Irish bar next door serves decent beer and food at reasonable (for Switzerland) prices. We enjoyed our stay in Basel, it is very under the tourist radar but has some excellent museums and a nice zoo and a nice mix of old and new buildings in the centre. It is easy to access the hotel from the airport either by taxi or airport bus (line 50 to the train station cost about 4 francs). If we return to Basel we would stay at the Radisson again.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family

Dear tehmadprampusher,
Thank you for your kind comments and recommendation, I am delighted to learn about your great experience with us, and that everything was to your entire satisfaction. I have forwarded your appreciation to my team members as it is very rewarding to receive such nice feedback. I also thank you for your loyalty to Radisson Blu, and we do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon.
With kind regards,

Reviewed 13 September 2017

Stayed in this hotel for five nights for a conference.
The room was arranged by the conference admin.

Arrived hotel from Basel airport by taxi. It is a very convenient hotel, near city center, tram stops directly outside hotel.

Got upgrade to "Business class" room upon check in with my Carlton Gold membership.Room was spacious, clean, cozy and well appointed.

Love the breakfast, the buffet table offers good selection of breakfast items. My personal favorite is the smoked whole salmon. Can choose from a la carte menu as well. Got Muesli which was very good with lots of berries.

The gym, pool and sauna were a bonus to this beautiful hotel. Definitely worth 5/5.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Felix H, Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Basel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2017

Dear Michael,
Many thanks for sharing this wonderful review. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time at the Radisson Blu Hotel, Basel. The entire hotel team is looking forward to welcoming you back soon!
Kind regards,

Reviewed 13 September 2017 via mobile

At check in I gave my loyalty card and asked for a quiet room. The receptionist preceded to write my card number on a Note-it and stick in his monitor.

My quiet room is right next to the lifts on the first floor - so immediately feeling "special".

Room is the smallest hotel room I have had in quite a while, add to this a cooling system that is loud and ineffective - I have the choice of a constant humming/vibrating sound or a stuffy hot room. Choices, choices.

Now the bed - the bed cover is not good as the duvet is smaller than the cover so feels strange and uncomfortable. But the absolute winner is the cushion. And I repeat cushion, singular...double bed, one cushion, no extras anywhere and to cap it all, it is lumpy....uncomfortable.... the one thing you expect is comfort.

So in summary - hot, noisy, uncomfortable and not cheap.

Not sure what I would have been given if I wasn't a Carlson Club loyalty member? Not coming back and might not ever stay at a Radisson again.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business

Dear Mr Lubaczewski,
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. We strive towards 100% Guest Satisfaction and your feedback is extremely important to us.
I am deeply sorry to hear that not everything during your stay was to your fullest satisfaction. Indeed, our Loyalty Members shouldn’t get our smallest Standard single rooms, and I am very sorry for all inconveniences this has caused to you. I also know about the important of a good night’s sleep and therefore, I deeply want to apologize. I assure you that I have personally followed-up this matter with the relevant managers in order to improve room equipment and services. Should you have any concern during your stay, please feel free to contact us directly so that we can make everything to make you feel at home. Despite of this negative hotel experience, I hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you again and to show you that we can make it right.
With best regards,